thirty seven

It was the next day and before Dinah met Khalid, she had to talk to Zendaya. Well..she and Normani had to talk to Zendaya. Right now they were in the car listening to ***Flawless..or annoyingly yelling it? By they, I mean Normani. She knew it got on Dinah's nerves..which is why she did it.

She was a stoplight right now, with her head on the steering wheel. "Mani, please–"

"YOU WAKE UP–FLAWLESS! POST UP–FLAWLESS! RIDING ROUND IN IT–"

She was cut off by Dinah's soft lips on hers. The brunette immediately kissed back, then someone honked their horn. Both girls looked at each other, then rolled down their windows, putting their heads out.

"Fuck you!" They yelled before Dinah began driving.

Normani smiled. "MY–"

"No." The blonde said.

"FLAW–"

Dinah turned off the radio. "I said no."

The younger girl went to turn it back on, but her fiancée slapped her hand away. "Mani, baby, you have a beautiful voice, but..who's song is that?"

"Beyoncé's." Normani said.

"Then let it stay her song." Dinah said.

"Bitch–"

"We're here!" The Polynesian parked the car and got out.

The brunette got out of the car and walked behind Dinah. She jumped on her back and kissed her cheek. "Knock."

"Do the trick." Dinah said.

"I can't do the trick." Normani said.

"Why?" The Tongan pouted.

"Because I just can't. Knock." The shorter girl said.

The trick: Normani would do a backflip off of Dinah's back and land into a split. However, she was not doing it today, because she wasn't about to flip the baby inside of her upside down.

The Samoan girl knocked on the door, and it opened moments later. "Ladies."

"Zendaya."

"I heard you got engaged."

"From who?" Normani asked.

"Word gets around pretty quickly in LA–"

"Nah, cut the bullshit. From who?"

"My sorry excuse of a cousin." Zendaya said.

Dinah lifted an eyebrow. "How would they know they we're engaged?"

"Because you told them. Now, are you going to come inside, or are you going to stay out here?"

"We're gonna stay out here." Normani said as she got off of Dinah and handed the girl an envelope.

The mixed girl took it from her and lifted an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"An invitation to our engagement party," Dinah said. "I'm just here to say, if you try to pull some shit, you're gonna end up getting hurt."

"Here it is in a nice way, don't fuck up our party." The youngest girl smiled.

"Yeah, okay. Well, is that all you wanted?"

Normani's phone went off. She took it out of her back pocket and checked the notification.

Khalid🎤: are you on your way?

Normani💞: yep, we had to do something, but we're headed that way right now.

"We were just leaving," She said. "Come on, D."

The two girls turned on their heels and began walking away.

"Hey, Normani." Zendaya said.

The brunette turned around.

"Congratulations." The taller girls eyes flickered down to Normani's stomach, then back to her face.

Normani gave her a look, then fake smiled. "Thank you."

The two girls got into the car and Dinah started the engine.

"I fucking hate that bitch." She rolled her eyes.

"I know what'll make you feel better." The younger girl said.

"What?" The Tongan asked.

Normani turned on the radio.

"WILD, WILD, WILD! WILD, WILD, WILD THOUGHTS!"

Dinah shook her head. "I hate you."

-

"KEEP A GOLD CHAIN ON MY NECK! FLY AS A JET! BOY, BETTER TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!"

Dinah turned off the car and looked at her fiancée. "Do you do that on purpose?"

Normani smiled. "Duh."

The taller girl rolled her eyes and got out of the car. She went over to Normani's side and helped her out. The brunette kissed her cheek, and they walked inside of Subway. Yes, Subway...eat fresh.

"There he is." Normani pointed to a boy.

They walked over to him and sat down.

"Hey."

Khalid looked up and smiled. "Hey, Normani," he looked at Dinah. "You must be Dinah."

Dinah nodded. "Yeah," She said, "and you're Khalid?"

"Yeah."

"I have a question." Normani said.

The two looked at her.

"Khalid," she said, "you know the song you sang to me when we first met?"

He nodded.

"Do you want to sing it at the party?" The older girl asked.

"Of course," Khalid nodded. "I mean, if it's okay with Dinah."

The Samoan nodded. "It's completely fine with me," she said, "as long as I hear it beforehand."

"I can sing it for you right now."  The younger man said.

Dinah lifted an eyebrow. "If you're comfortable with it, go ahead."

Normani looked at her fiancée and she looked back. The brunette intertwined their fingers and smiled. The blonde gave her hand a light squeeze and smiled back.

"Okay," Khalid said then cleared his throat. "Send me your location, let's focus on communicating. Cause I just need the time and place to come through."

Normani smiled as Dinah's eyes widened.

"Holy shit." She mumbled.

"Ah, yes," the younger girl said to herself, "holy shit indeed."

-

A/N: I think the next chapter might be–it just might be–the engagement party.

and shit is going down.