16 - The Girl on the Band

AVARA

AVARA

It's been weeks already and things are still the usual. Monday would pick me up at the house, go to school together, have lunch together and still happily in love with each other.

It was almost half of the school year at sobrang dami nang nangyari.

Actually, looking back at what I did on the cafeteria I never regret even a bit of it because I got the chance to be with Monday even though marami akong haters because of the girls and boys who drool over her, I keep my cool because I know she's mine.

Since Monday was courting me for a few weeks now, I decided to make it official for the both of us. Alam ko naman na kahit hindi pa kami, technicallt we still do anything what lovers do.

I rolled my eyes at that thought.

May manliligaw ba na hahalikan ka? or even do more than just a kiss?

"Ava, ang aga mo naman! Are you stressing about school once again?" I was startled then I saw Mom walking down the stairs and looks at me worriedly.

"Mom I'm fine, just baking." I said and I slowly moved down to check on the oven if cookies are baked already.

"Wow, cookies for Monday?" She ask at tumawa lang ako kasi inaasar nanaman ako ni Mom.

"Whatever Mom, stop teasing me. Well to answer your question para nga sa kanya ito." I said.

"So that's why you're singing like a bird chirping." Mom chuckled. Tumingin naman ako ng masama sa kanya.

"Just kidding hun. Be sure to clean it up and I'll be there to cook for breakfast. Monday will be here soon and I know you're waiting for her." Mom teased once again at tumungo na sa banyo.

Napa iling nalang ako, Mom is teasing me all the time. Especially that time when Monday went back on visiting to our house.

Kinuha ko naman ang cookies with some baking gloves and put it on the other side of the kitchen counter, I got a clean jar and put the cookies one by one with another plastic glove.

Hmmm they smell so good and perfect.

I put them aside first and clean the kitchen counters and wash the utensils I have used on baking.

After that umakyat na ako sa kwarto ko para maghanda for school. While doing my usual morning routine, I was thinking of how can I answer Monday kung hindi naman siya magtatanong uli.

I mean everything is good to go, yung yes ko na lang talaga ang medyo natatagalan. I don't wanna stick to the walang label relationship. It sucks.

I mean not all of it.

Whatever, iisipin ko nalang yan mamaya. Pagkatapos kung magbihis and also after putting a light make up on ay bumaba na ako para kumain.

I was looking everywhere but Monday was not around, wala sa kitchen table at wala rin naman sa sala. Usually at this time nandito na siya.