Chapter 4

Hiccup

I couldn't believe my eyes. The woman I had met, is my own mother?

She quickly runs towards her cavern, and I tried to catch up to her, along with Toothless following me.

He was in total shock as I was when she told me who she was.

I said, panting, "Wait! Can you please slow down a minute? It's kind of hard to catch up with you when you have a metal leg!"

She said, "You must see this! Up here quickly."

Toothless looks at me and ask, "Do you really trust her? What if she would be an enemy to Drago and threat Berk alongside him?"

I look at my best friend and ask, "Toothless, com'on. I had learn over the past year that everyone deserve a second chance. She could-"

As we approach the landscape of the cavern, Toothless and I were in total amazement of what we saw.

Wild dragons flying in total peace, which is kind of what Berk is now.

Toothless and I explored through the cavern, as I hear little hatchlings run playfully.

"You can't catch me!" one of the Hatchlings laugh.

I chuckled as I see my own Mother was with her own dragon, looking at us.

"This is unbelievable." I said, smiling, but I know that being the Dragon Prince, it is my responsibility to keep the peace between the human world and Dragon world.

Mom sees my expression. "Hiccup, what is it?"

I said, "Oh... it's something on my mind, that's all. You lived here in this cavern with these wild Dragons? How come you never came back home, to Berk?"

"Berk is a killing place, Hiccup. Ever since you were born, it was either killed or be killed. I was actually trying to convince Spitelout and Stoick that they're not dangerous, but either one would listen to a word I say."

I chuckled, "Hm, that is somewhat to believe."

Her expression changes as she continues the story, "One fateful night, a Dragon broke into our house, and finding you in the cradle. It surprised me that he didn't actual hurt you. It made proof of what I saw and believed in.

Startled by my appearance, he saw me and we gazed into each other's eyes. But he took me out of Berk, leaving you and Stoick behind.

It broke my heart to not ever see you again, but it was for the best thing I want for you."

I said, "It took me a long time to get use to everyone since you left, but now things are different, for all of us."

Mom looks complete confusion, not understanding of what I had mean by my words.