Hey , I'm Tzuyu

"Hey, I'm Tzuyu" I say to a brunette who's waiting in the lunch line, standing right in front of me.
"Eunha." She says, smiling. Eunha's about 5'4 and with her looks, every guy in her electives must be after her. She seems nice but slightly cocky, strong and the type you wouldn't want to mess with, but would be lucky to have as a friend.
She bends down and her brunette locks drape around her turquoise chiffon crop top, which she's paired with ombre high waisted shorts. She leans close to my ear and starts to whisper.
"Did you see the cutie? He's a freshie."
My eyes widen and I try to look interested and surprised.
"No, who are you talking about?" I ask, feigning curiosity though my mind's only on Mingyu.
She smirks. "Damn that boy is hot. I think he said his name was- um- Jay- Mingyu, yeah that's it." She smiles now, display her dimples.
"So you went up to him?" I reconfirm, forcing a smile.
"Yeah." She says, casually. She gazes at me for several seconds, as if assessing whether she could trust me.
"My ex- Matt... was a jerk. He cheated on me with another girl. I haven't trusted guys since. The way Mingyu acted, made me open up again. I used to be cocky, a flirt, fun to be around, somewhat popular and funny. After we broke up I lost myself. Now, I feel like I can be me again.
"What did he say?" I ask her, concerned. My heart feels like it's going to stop but I pretend to be calm.
"That there was only one girl that's right for him." She said, with a straight face. "'She's a lucky girl' is what I said." She adds, quickly.
"Are you okay?" Is what I say, but I know even then, that I'm going to have to tell her. Trust her, like she trusted me.
"I'm fine thanks. I'm just happy that he brought the old me back. There are thousands of great guys here, I was just too scared to get to know them."
I smile, loving her strength and her positive attitude and how she's trying to open herself up again.
"That's a good way to look at." I smile at her.
She smiles back. "Are you a freshie too?"
I nod. "I need to tell you something."
I gulp and she senses my hesitation and smiles, reassuringly.
"Mingyu is my ex." I look down, playing with the hem on my flowing, chartreuse skirt which I have paired with a simple white tank and some basic gold bangles.
She shakes her head. "Girl, he loves you."
I look at her, pain clear in my eyes. "I love him too."
She gestures at me to follow her and we walk across the quad till we reach a stone bench, hidden under the cover of trees. Here, we could see everyone else but no one could see us. Moss lined the edges of the stone bench, like a frill, and I picture myself in a fairytale with a missing prince.
"I didn't want to be the thing holding him back here at college..." I trailed off, thinking she'd judge me.
As if she read my mind, she says "Continue. I won't judge you."
"There's so many girls out there, girls that have been dying to be with Jake since primary school. What if one of them was more worthy of him than I was? He's incredible and sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough for him."
"So you-" She prompted.
I sigh. "So, I broke up with him."
"And he said?"
"That he didn't want to break up but with convincing... he agreed to a few months." I faked a smile but my heart remained heavy.
She smirked. "I've only just met you and I can already tell that that smile was fake."
We sit together, laughing, munching on our pizza from the cafeteria and she says that she understands and respects my decision, which I appreciate. It was hard to carry out and broke my heart in the process but none of that matters if Mingyu finds the girl of his dreams. The one that truly deserves him.