It me, Mingyu

"Mingyu , grab your bags!"
Yep, it's my mom. "Coming." I yell back.
I haul our bags into the back of a black cab. We drive to the airport, Tzuyu's family will meet us there. The tension between Tzuyu and I is so great that our parents noticed immediately. And then made us sit together on the plane ride to Hawaii so that we'd "sort out" our problems. Gosh, they're treating us like five year olds.
"Please buckle up your seat belts and get ready for take off."
Besides me, Tzuyu is shaking like a leaf. Her face is pale and she's clutching the armrest for dear life. She's afraid of heights. I reach over to hold her hand but she pushes me away.
"Tzuyu please, don't talk to me but at least let me be there for you. You could break the hand rest- you're holding it that tightly." I say and then smile. "Hold my hand instead."
She shoots me glare.
"I'm still annoyed at you but since this is a 2 minute thing..." She trails off.
I grin and then take her hand, playing with her fingers.
"What are you doing?" She asks, shooting me a glare.
"Distracting you." I say, sweetly.
She grumbles. "Like that."
I take her hand and kiss it.
"This better Tzuyu?" I ask, a hint of amusement in my voice.
She takes her hand away and says "Take off's over, you can let go now."
I give her a sad smile. "I can but I don't want to."
She avoids looking at me. "Mingyu , Let. Go."
I let go and put on my headphones. I need some time to think of how to get her to listen to me.
She yawns, and faces away from me, sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Tzuyu moves in her sleep, resting her head on my shoulder, not that I mind.
When she's awake, I smile down at her "Sleep well?"
She looks up at me, and realizes her head was on my shoulder. She instantly shifts away.
"Yeah I did, thanks for asking."
"Was it comfortable resting your head on my shoulder?" I ask.
"Yes." She replies and then blushes, realizing what she's said.
She shoots me a feeble glare "Don't talk to me."
I sigh, and here I thought we were making progress.
"Fine."
We sit through the rest of the flight in mutual silence, when Tzuyu gets up to go to the bathroom I see my chance.
I scribble a quick note on a napkin and stick it in her bag, she'll see it when we land:
Tzuyu , please just read this.
That kiss meant *everything* to me. I said what I said because I thought you were going to say- lets just be friends. And I can't be 'just friends' with you. I know I was wrong, please forgive me.
Love,
Mingyu .
"Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for landing."
I can only hope Tzuyu see's the note soon.