things i'll never say

'Hey, this is Alex from History. Want to hang out? :)'

'Sure. Meet me at the bar?:)', she immediately was sent back. She smiled and made her way to the hole in the wall. Laurens was already there, and smiled almost.. nervously (?) when he saw her.

"Hey Alex." he greeted her, giving her a hug. And immediately his greyscale vision was flooded with rich colors all around. Alex pulled away, sitting on a barstool and taking the colors with her. He sat next to her, their knees touching. Immediately he saw the colors again. He sighed with relief.

"Thanks for meeting me, John. No one else answered." she said, ordering a drink. Laurens chuckled, shrugging.

"Laf and Herc went on a date. They leave their phones at home for date night." he explained, and she gave him a grin.

"They date? They're so cute!" she gasped, resting her chin on her hand. Laurens laughed a little. She was.. even more beautiful with the colors. Her sparkling brown eyes, the way her mossy green hoodie looked on her tan skin. Her dark hair was still black, but.. somehow it was more beautiful. He inhaled sharply when she smiled at him, and quickly looked away.

"They're soulmates, so I'd hope they were cute." he said, taking a gulp of the beer placed in front of him. Alex nodded.

"So they are soulmates? Wow.. So they can see.. the colors..?" she inquired softly, stirring her drink with her straw slowly. He nodded, cheeks growing warm. She gave a quiet sigh.

"I always have wondered.. what they look like. If I could just see them, just once." she said, the look in her eyes almost greedy, hungry. Laurens cocked his head.

"You've never seen them?" he asked, voice heavy. She didn't seem to notice his shift in tone. She pursed her pink lips.

"Nope. Sometimes I wonder if there's someone out there for me.. I always wondered.. What color my eyes are." she admitted, cheeks turning pink. Laurens exhaled slowly, taking her hand.

And in that moment, he knew he'd never tell her.

"Me too." was his only reply.

// sho shad..