ii.

there was another gunshot.

marley squealed.

"hey," calum spoke quietly. "where did that guy go? you know that one you were -"

"calum," michael warns.

calum smiles sheepishly and looks curiously at marley, waiting for an answer.

"i don't know," marley sighs. "i don't know what happened, okay? all i know is you guys caught us and then everything went black after the door shut."

"so he's been missing since we caught the both of you? and you just woke up?" calum asks.

"yeah," she nods feebly. "this sounds suspicuous and planned but i swear, i really don't know what happened."

"shh," ashton anxiously shushes us.

michael rocks back and forth on the floor, anxiously thinking about everything that could happen right now.

from the window behind them, you could hear cars coming in the parking lot.

the cops, michael thought.

but no, they weren't cops. they were people who got out, escaping for help.

suddenly, michael felt the idea that he won't be coming out of this school alive. seriously, why would people who escaped risk their lives to find help?

who knows, maybe the shooter's calling up for recruits.

there was another gunshot and a deafening scream.

marley muffled in a sob into her hand as ashton's head fell back in pain. calum hid his face in his legs, a small tear escaping his eye. michael decided to be a little bolder about his life decisions and gently crawled over to marley.

"michael, what are you doing?" ashton whispered.

"there's something i've always wanted to do," michael started.

calum jolts his head up to look at his best friend.

"marley?" michael looks over to her.

"yeah, michael?"

"there are some things i've always wanted to tell you, but never had the courage to. and i really don't believe we'll make it out of here alive, so i want to tell you about them," michael weakly smiled at the girl.

suddenly, marley felt the need to do something courageous as well. for now, she didn't believe she would get out here alive either.

_____

ok so im not positive that im starting this soon but i just wanted to post this now :-) comment and vote x
-mari