viii.

"michael, why do you like me?"

"is that even a question, marley? have you not been hearing everything i've been saying?"

"i have, but why? why do you like me out of anyone else in the world?"

"you're different, the good kind. you make me think differently. i'm infatuated with you, it's crazy. i would call it love, but i haven't fully talked to you until today," he chuckles. she smiles at him.

"you don't need to know the person up close to love them?"

"and how would you know that?"

"because i love you."

"y-you love me?"

"i love you michael, i do."

"i love you."

she laughs her laugh that makes michael smile so widely. "you just said you wouldn't call it love, michael."

his goofy grin is still plastered on his face. "i don't care. i know how i feel about you is much more than i put it out into words, and if you love me and that's possible even when we haven't talked, then i love you."

"you two are so cute," ashton giggles. his smile soon disappears. "damn, i need a girlfriend."

"i feel you there, buddy," calum says. "hey, i'll be your girlfriend."

"yay," calum cheers.

"i love how there's an active shooter in the building, but yet you two are joking around like this," marley laughs. "i truly do love it. you can get my mind off things."

"hey, let's not forget about you two," ashton smiles.

"yeah, you're making this so beautiful and heartwarming," calum agrees.

"well, you're welcome," michael mocks in a posh accent, bowing as he sits.

"hey, i've helped you know," marley clears her throat, beginning to speak in a posh accent. "you are welcome for the endearment."

michael erupts into soft, low, quiet, uncontrollable laughter.

"god, i love you," michael smiles. "that feels so nice; getting to say it aloud. i love you."

"i love you too, michael."

suddenly, there were running footsteps being heard. ashton put his finger on his lip, as if he was shushing a child. everyone in the room's hearts got stuck into their throats immediately. michael signaled for marley to scoot ever next to him. he then wrapped his arm around her as they held onto each other for dear life.

"i think some people are in here," a nasty voice comments. it was unfamiliar.

"spare them," another voice says. a voice that seemed a bit too familiar to someone in the room.

this is a little short im sorry pisscouch but i had to leave a cliffhanger. this fanfic is almost done and im sad :-( either a chapter or two left, and an epilogue.