Chapter 2 Litch- Present time

I looked around at the people, a busy street during a weekday. Shops at every corner and flashing billboards.. and well food. I looked at a couple of kids who seemed to look at me strangely. "Never seen a shinigami before? Little pricks" that's what i thought and wanted to say. But they probably would have ran away as fast as possible. Thinking i was there to kill them. Well i'm really not i suppose just killing time ! Though that is still killing in a sense. I looked sideways as a young boy looked at me before looking up at his mom and asking "mommy, why does that man look so wierd?" She looked at her son in a stern way before saying "hush Naru you shouldn't be so rude" she looked over at me before bowing and apologizing for her son's behaviour "it's fine i guess.. he's just a kid after all" i shrugged and the woman looked at me a little confused. I looked up at a billbord wich was advertising a new drink before bumping into someone

"could you watch out" i heard the man but didn't really listen as i was too focused on reading what was on the billboard "did you even listen to me ?" The man was now standing in front of me and i looked at him sheepishly "what?" The man seemingly exploded on the spot and i noticed he was a police officer "You bumped into me !!" I shrugged "so ? Don't blame me for your bad day. I continued walking as the man grabbed my arm to stop me causing me to instinctively burn him "who do you think you are?" The officer grunted as he grabbed his handcuffs "ignoring then burning an officer of the law? That is a serious crime! You're coming with me to the station" i looked at him not really impressed by the whole ordeal "like a puny piece of metal is going to help. I would stop now.. unless you want to die you're just a weak mortal after all. At this moment the officer really looked like he was about to blow up like a balloon animal on helium "what did you just say?" His mustache seemed to shiver as he talked "you heard what i said" i had turned my back to the officer and looked at him over my shoulder before having a little girl run straight trough me me falling on the floor and starting to cry because i scared her. I sighed loudly "seriously?" I looked at the girl the girls father came running "don't run off like that you got yourself hurt again" i walked over to help the girl up "are you okay?" I looked at her as she nodded and got up "that's good.. i didn't mean to scare you like that." The girl shook her head and dried her tears "it's okay i shouldn't have ran down a busy street" the officer looked at me "what are you" he mumbled "finally some common sense. But since you're asking me so nicely : I'm a shinigami or a god of death. I chuckled a little the officer seemed a little scared "what?!" The girl looked up at me before also saying something "you mean like the stories" i looked ar her then nodded "i suppose" the officer started to sweat in fear and i looked over at him again " don't worry. I'm not going to eat you... at least not now" i grinned as the officer started to run in fear. "Did you mean that?" The girl asked me "nah.. that was just to scare him i can do this though" i looked around for someone who didn't have long to live anyways and pointed at him "see that man?" The girl nodded "yeah what's with..." she couldn't finish her sentence as the man dropped to the floor and the girl jumped a little "did you do that?" I nodded "yeah" a couple of bystanders started to try and reanimate the man and others were calling an ambulance frantically. I shook my head "i don't get why they still call.. he's already dead" a woman heard me say this and she looked at me angrily "don't call? Are you kidding me we're trying to save a life here !" I sighed "if one of my kind ends someones life it's over.. trying to save them is a waste of your time.. humans already have so little of it and he was going to die on his own in a week anyways" the woman grumbled "are you insane ?!" I grinned "i could ask you the same" the woman became red with anger "how dare you" i shrugged sheepishly "i dunno" the woman walked off mumbling something "yeah love you too" i said in return before looking at the girl " well i gotta go goodbye" the girl nodded and i walked on before noticing a woman hitting a young boy who i assumed misbehaved. It kinda reminded me of myself when i was younger. It was a long time ago but you some things you will never forget.