cindy

My eyes scanned the room as cameras flashed and music played in the background. I smiled, watching the others girls getting ready for the big photoshoot. The purpose of the photoshoot was to see if you had the ability to be featured in a music video for an upcoming band.

Sitting in one of the makeup booths I waited patiently for someone to apply makeup to my face. The only thing that actually crossed my mind was how I was almost living the dream and how grateful I was to even be here. "Cindy!" "Cindy Kelsey?" I hear ny name echo the pavement of the stage. I quickly untied my robe and let it dangle to the floor in a rush. "Yes!" I reply sliding my ruby red heels on. The air riffles through my skin as I stood bare in my bikini. I stood in ease not really knowing what to do.

I scurried onto the small studio stage and waited for someone to direct me but in return all I got was discreet. "Cindy?, wheres your makeup?" A producer glances at me raising and eyebrow and pointing at my bare face. I frowned, there was nothing for me to say. I kept quiet as the photographers and directers lectured me in stupidity.

This was already a bad start and I have only been here for 10 minutes. "Can we just get on with the photoshoot". A short woman clapped her hands together as I posed for the camera. Everyone around me was silent and the only thing that broke the silence was the flash of the camera. "Hm?" She nodded her head as my pictures flooded the laptop in front of her. I smiled for the last picture accidentally as the lady looked at me with a silent grin. "Your absolutely stunning" she exclaimed in ease as I walked off of the stage. My heels clicking once more. "Thank you". I responded in happiness and almost bowed down. She chuckled a bit before handing me my profrolio full of picturesque. "You have many imperfections". She begins pointing to my freckles plastered across my naked face. "But that's what makes you brilliant". She continued. Her accent was deep rolling off her tounge. The directers and camera man looked around in guilt. Everyone else began to chatter again as the woman walked off.

I sat back at my booth again flipping through my portfolio wondering why she gave it back. I admired each photo tracing my fingers against my face. My imperfections were visible but the pictures came out really well. "Um..excuse me are you Kelsey Cindy?" A deep raspy voice encountered me echoing the room again.
I turned my back locking eyes with a boy no younger than me before parting my lips as I was about to speak.

"Um no?" I began. His eyebrows furrow in confusion as I continue again before reaching my hand out for a simple shake. "I'm Cindy Kelsey". I confirm before letting out a light chuckle. The boy's face flushed in a bright crimson before quickly apologizing. His chocolate dark hair flew along with the fan that was blowing at us and his lips quivered before he let out a firm curse word.

"It's okay". I say in reassurance. Before standing up along with the tall boy I pulled the white robe over my bare shoulders. "My name is Zach by the way". He inquired. I nodded and smiled at him. "Are you part of the band?" I question in unusion. "Yes". He confirms as I follow him into an office. My bikini was visible so being the 'professional' I am I quickly tied the robe around me.

As Zach took a seat around the table along with other boys my eyes lock with that stern woman again. I give her a polite smile as if I was almost thanking her. "We have some somewhat good news and might not be bad news". She says in ease as everyone else in the room nods along with her. I glance wondering what it could be before she speaks again.

"You can be featured into the music video". She starts. I grin widely and what sounded like a screech I clap my hands together jumping up and down from excitement. "But..you have to move here to L.A because it is going to be time consuming". She finishes. My mouth forms into almost a cringe like motion as the boys again nod in agreement.
"I'll do it". I blurt without a hesitation.