resentment

Cindys Pov

I admired Zach in the golden sunlight that peered through the blinds while he sat silently eating his breakfast. He tapped on his phone gently and smiled at me every so often, pretending that he was content but I knew Zach so well that I can see beneath the forgery. "Zach, I love you" my voice chirping relentlessly reassuring him as he removed his gaze from his breakfast sandwich & towards me. "I love you too" he said, and emotionless he sat there, smiling at me with his mouth full of food and messy hair flopping over his forehead. His t shirt draping perfectly around his torso and his cross necklace lying on his chest. The authentic smiles and laughter that he had once shown before were non existent. And the genuine happiness was invisible.

"I'm not going to force you to come with me, I just want you to be happy" my words chiming out one by one as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Cindy stop, you know I'd love to run away with you, don't worry about me, we are doing this.." he grabbed my hand and shook his head. But why did he keep lying to me ? I knew him. Deep down he didn't want to "run away" and go on a hiatus, but there he was, continuously shedding fibs after fibs. "I just want to make sure, I don't want to be the source of your unhappiness" I shook my head at him mocking his annoyance. "Cindy Stop already! Stop bringing it up!" His voice raising in anger, and without a pause or thought he picked up his empty bowl and threw it against the wall, shattering the once fine China in a thousand pieces.
"What the.." I mumbled in shock as tears almost welt up but I bit my lip holding my fear inside. I have never ever seen Zach this aggressive, and this behavior has shown me that he really was unhappy, which answered my question faster than he ever has.

I got up from my chair and my eyes wandered to Zach who was shocked by his own actions and behavior. "I-I, Cindy I'm s-" and before he could speak or finish I put my hand up to his face. "Enough.." I simply replied walking away from him. I wasn't going to clean up his messes or kiss his angry ass, it was his own strings he was pulling from not telling the truth. I made my way up to Zach's room but before I can get inside, there stood Jack. His pajama pants worn loosely around his waist and a towel draped around his bare shoulder. I put my hands over my eyes and walked forward but was stopped by his bare figure. He pulled my hand away from my eyes and held me close. I pulled away quickly as he began to speak.

"What was that noise?" He asked, I couldn't stop staring at his torso but soon my eyes met his. "Uh..nothing" I lied, my breath hitching against my throat. "You don't have to lie Cindy, you and Zach are having problems again?"