Chapter 9

Monday morning
Chris's POV:

  I was sleeping good until the alarm clock went off, waking me and Stacie up. I quickly got up, showered and dressed and fixed lunches for the boys.
  Stacie woke the boys up and told them to get ready for school. I couldn't believe that My boys were in pre k already.
  As the boys got ready Stacie walked into the kitchen and hugged me from behind. I put the pancakes on the plates as the boys came in, we always layed their clothes out before they went to bed. They were identical twins,the only way other people could tell the difference between them is Aaron,his face it littered with freckles like his mom, unlike Sammy who has a clear face like me.
  "I'll take the kids to school, you go on to work....I'll see you later Stace, be careful." I said giving her a kiss." I love you."
"I love you too,come give mommy a hug before I go to work." Stacie said.

After taking the kids to school I clocked in and walked over to Stacie's office and gave her a hug.
"You know it was on this day 15 years ago that me and you met, I was 10 you were 13 and we knew we'd be best friends and look at us now."I said causing her to smile..I was about to give her a kiss but there was a knock on the door that interrupted the moment.
  I pulled away quickly as she told the person to come in. The door opened and a cop came walking in, "Ms. Garcia I need to speak.......to both of you about your ex husband. Saturday night that man right there beside you dropped him off at the department without saying anything, the man was unconscious and he had a broken nose...now do you mind if I ask that happened?"
  "I have no idea what your talking about but........Chris don't tell me."
  "He threatened my children and my girl, broke into my friends house and threatened to kill her, then charged towards me and that's when I layed him out." I said as simple as I could.
"Do you have any witnesses?"the cop asked nicely.
  "Yes matter of fact I do I have three actually, but can we talk about this later I've got to get to my class so I can start teaching." The cop nodded and I gave Stacie a quick peck on the lips.
"See you later Stace, love you."I said as she looked at me.
  "Love you too BoZo, now go don't keep your class waiting."she commanded.
  "Yes ma'am!" I said saluting her and grabbing a bag of Cheetos and walking to my classroom smiling.

◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻

  I got to my classroom, students were talking and laughing. As I walked in the see that Audrey wasn't here but Natalie and Drake were.
  I walked over to my desk and noticed Aaron's toy car still sitting on it.I picked it up and played with it in my hands and turned around to face the classroom.
  I started to talk about the lower intestines and how they really worked when my phone went off. I wasnt supposed to answer it but it was Aaron and Sammy's school.

"Hello?"
       "Hey this is Mrs
        Smith, Aaron's
        Teacher I was
        Calling to let you
        Know that he has
        Been puking for
        The last 30
        Minutes."

"I know this sounds
Gross but can you tell
Me what color his puke is please?"

There was silence throughout the phone then her voice came back.

      "It's a normal color
       But he's running a
       Fever."

"Okay thanks for calling I'll be there soon to pick him up.....umm real quick did he eat anything at school?"
          " No sir, not
            That I know
                Of."

"Alright thanks.....bye."

I sigh loudly and look up at the class."sorry guys I have to take care of some business."I said while calling Stacie." Hey stace...um Aaron's teacher just called and said that he's sick I'm going to go pick him up...is um his face mask still at your house?"

"Yeah it should be, I think it's in one of the junk drawers.......I'll come watch your class for you."

"Alright thanks Stace."

She got here in probably five minutes and walked up behind me while I was teaching, I didn't see her and when I turned around I bumped into her and she started to fall, I caught her and just looked at her smiling.

"I remember when this happened last time.....I believe I was 15 at the time and it was me falling but you didn't catch me. I hit the ground and you laughed."

"Whatever you say Chris......whatever you say, now go get Aaron."

" Should I sign Sammy out to or is he fine?"

"You could sign him out to, just remember to get Aaron's mask."

I nodded but stop when I heard laughing. I look up to see almost everyone laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing it's just that y'all are talking about those children like they're ya'll's." A boy said.

I heard Drake trying to contain his laughter as I shook my head.

"I've got to go, see you later stace....oh and uhh thanks for everything.....love you!" I say in a wisper.

She smiles and nods and I head off toward the. Boy's school.
◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻
Stacie's POV:

I sit down in Chris's desk and smile when I see Aaron's toy car. I look up to see many faces looking my way.
"How did you and Mr thorn meet?"asked a blonde girl.

"Oh umm....it was actually on this day fifteen years ago, he was ten and I was thirteen. Him and and his friend....my ex husband, moved to the town I was living in at the time, he was a strange kid, always quiet but he was the nicest person I had ever met, a couple years later I turned 19 and married his best friend who turned out to be an abusive drunk...the first time he hit me I ran all the way to Mr Thorn's house knowing he would protect me. We drank a couple wines and................................"

  I sit back in the chair and stop what I was saying.......I said to much, I thought to myself.
  A few hours Chris called me asking where the mask was."it's in the top cabinet above the bread box."I said, he said thanks and we hung up.
  "So like I was saying...the digestive system first starts with the saliva in your mouth, that breaks down the food as you chew.......................................,"I taught for a few more hours until the door to the classroom opened and in came Chris, Aaron, and Sammy.
  Everyone was quiet as they watched the scene in front of them.
◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻
Chris's POV:

I lean down eye level with the boys."now remember don't call your mom mommy or anything....call her ms Stacie...alright?" They nod as I stand back up and open the door to see Stacie teaching, everything was quiet and everyone was looking our way.
  "Hey boys!" Stacie said as the boys ran over to her and gave her a big hug.
"Ma ma ma....mwiss stacie,I got a coloring paper for you!"Sammy said.
"Aww thanks sweetie!"Stacie said as she looked towards me in thanks.
Out of nowhere we hear a loud scream come from the girls locker room and coach Miranda came storming down the hallway and into the classroom with Aaron by the arm.
"Who's child is this?" She asked.
"He's mine!" Me and Stacie said at the same time.