Chapter 8: Friendzoned?

"Good Morning!" Philip shouts as he recognized Frederica, and suddenly energized by his beauty and suddenly asks a conversation then threw the tin can telephone towards her window,
"H.. Hello?" Frederica speaks trying to recognize the boy in front of their apartment which is Philip that she approached before.
"Do you remember me?" Philip questioned.
"Wait, are you... Philip? Oh my, you never changed right? How are you?"
Frederica finally remembers and jumped with joy that her head hit the ceiling.
They first tell some stories later on and about her Highschool Crush, Hitoshi, a Japanese exchange student which has a family now, he is really now a devoted father.
Their conversation ended up hastily, but Philip almost forgot to ask something.
"Do you and Ginger still talk?" Philip nervously asked.
"Of course, hahaha I really now still remember that you are her stalker, yes, of course, she is still nearby but doesn't live here anymore. She is now in the west of Notting Hill."
"And her Job is very nice." Frederica Continued.
Frederica stated the exact location and now Philip can't really wait to visit her.
"I better get going now, see you soon again." Frederica ends their conversation and dropped the tin can telephone, the instrument that they use to communicate.

"Byyyeee" Philip shouted with joy and gets to the bathroom to soak and start the day, he has no work today actually, that's why he can now visit Ginger.
He hopes that he hasn't had a family yet, I hope she is still single.
"Hello, Philip! Open up!"
"Oh Rowena, what brings you so Early?" Philip is shocked of Rowena's Morning Appearance, but she is dressed and her pigtails are untied that's why her pink hair is now exposed with the length to her shoulders.
She is really shy, standing just in the door, smiling and about to say something.
"Hmmm shall we eat breakfast?" Philip says it first.
"No no... I'm okay! By the way good morning! Well, mind if you like some waffles." Rowena handed the waffles to Philip and ran away running adorably across Rosalina's hallway. But Philip is puzzled anyway, maybe this is also some of Rosalina's tricks, but what is Rowena really gonna say? Well, it doesn't matter now, at least Philip is now Excited of meeting Ginger.

Take note, the sky is clear now and sunny and relaxing, He is now done, dressed casually, with his tight skinny pants and his blue collared shirt, he now hurries down to his building, disturbing all the tenants with his noisy stomping feet in the wooden floor.
Now he really knows the location of her current residence, it is just almost near Downtown Manhattan, and he now looks for the buses routing there, with haste, Philip boards one of the buses, and off he goes.

Several moments later, he is now getting near, Frederica told him that her residence is also an apartment, good for only one person which he thinks that Ginger is still really single. The bus stopped nearby in front of the Supermart and several food stalls, which across that road is a subdivision which is The West of Notting Hill. His heart pounded really fast, he can't visit her in an empty stomach, that's why he must buy some snacks in a minimart nearby, he browses all some assorted foods and sweets, and he also has an idea that he must bring Ginger some food, Or maybe presents. The absent-minded Philip bumped into a young lady suddenly, while bringing the bought goods for Ginger, the young lady start picking up the flowers she is holding, therefore the girl is not yet looking up, that lady looks familiar to Philip.

"Mind if I help you" Philip kindly helped the girl pick the fallen flowers. And suddenly the girl now looked straight into Philip's eyes, "G... Ginger?" Philip is astounded by the girl's appearance, She grew tall, and has a body of a model enough for her age, "Who are you? How did you know my name?" Ginger can't recognize Philip big changes.

"Oh.... It's me Philip James Roswall."

"Ohhhh how are you? Are those for your girlfriend?" Ginger is pointing at the goods.

"Ohhh no.... uhhhhh No, I am supposed to visit you but I met you here."

"Oh, how thoughtful of you, let's just take a walk instead." Ginger recommends and Philip changes his mind not to got to her house anymore because he is now relieved to talk to her and take a walk with her, eating the sweets that Philip bought, they talked about everything and Philip is very overwhelmed and happy the clear afternoon sky matches their mood, They also talked that Ginger finally had a boyfriend months ago but not ended up very successfully.

"Are you still single?" Philip hastily asked.

"Yes, remember, I'm single since my breakup."

"Oh right, hahahaha so...."

"So???" Ginger is now puzzled about Philip that he is now boosting his speech because he is gonna say something, she is aware of whatever Philip will say.

"Look, there is something that I really gonna say to you, I really want to say this to you before, but I ain't got time." Philip is now nervous.

"What is it?" Ginger asked.

"hmmm, I like you, ever since we met, in the canteen, the conversations..... I like you, for no reason. But the reason is you make me fall like the leaves in the Cherry blossoms, you are smart and beautiful. And I just don't know what to say now. Can.. I date you and take you anywhere happy? Or, when the time comes, I will marry you. OOPs!" Philip Proposed awkwardly.

Philip and Ginger stopped and looked at each other for a while,  and suddenly avoid their eye contact and the silence fall. Ginger starts to blush and smile a bit......

That is the time that Ginger finally negotiates with her stalker. The clouds are starting to get dim, the gray clouds surrounding the evening sky. She is just about to laugh and said.

"Oh, Philip, ha ha haha, I'm really a good for nothing girl, I'm not interested, and I'm not still ready for any commitments now, you know that I'm.... already a lesbian, I'm not attracted to men now, and you are just like a friend to me. I'm sorry, I better get going, bye."

Philip just stands stiff and speechless, and now experiencing an irregular heartache, the clouds are now forming like a blackberry colored cotton candy, watching Ginger leave, he just stopped staring at the sky and a tear-like substance just poured into his face, it's raining.

"There'll be no sunlight if I lose you, There will be no clear skies if now I'm losing you. Goodbye Thanks for everything." Philip tries to hide the pain, and laugh because Ginger admits that she is really now a lesbian, he can't be bitter, he must accept everything even the most painful pain a man ever had. Suddenly, Philip's phone vibrates and rings into its loud volume, a phone call from Rowena!

"Heyyyy, Philip! Wh..." Philip answers the phone and interrupts.

"Rowena! We just met!"

"So, how is it?"

Philip explains a lot even the heartbreaking moment, Philip asks Ginger for a hangout.

"Okay Phil, I'll be right there, it's raining there, right? Oh you forgot your umbrella!"

"Yes, i did! How did you know?"

Somebody just Tap Philip on the shoulder, the pressure alerts him and he looks at his behind, "You... you've been here since we met?" Philip is surprised by Rowena's appearance while sheltering him with her Umbrella. "Yes, it's a coincidence, i just saw you two walking earlier, i just dropped here because I'm buying something to eat, I'm really craving for Tacos that's why" Rowena explained. "So let's hang out?" Rowena continued. And they walked happily and felt Philip's pain, they are happy walking in the rain. "Philip, i liked you before but..."

"But I like you now! Sorry, It's just really a crush but, now... i just don't know what to say." Philip interrupts Rowena. They just walk home and got a phone call from Daniel, says they will have a reunion. Rowena, of course, asks if she can come, but of course, Philip agreed, the Reunion with the Potato Boys.

Now that's the end of the story, Philip suddenly holds Rowena's hand and tossed their umbrella and skipped happily in the rain.

"I love the rain, Do you?" Rowena asked

"I love it, But i really love you." Philip responded, They both laughed and ran like kids soaking in the rain without umbrellas.