For the Revolution

I haven't slept in a week, I was tired and anxious. Why you may ask? General Washington hasn't responded to my letter yet. I'm worried but I have to stay hopeful, more or less right now I'm helpless. I paced around waiting for the mail and realized that there was no use, what gets things off my mind? I could go shopping, I saw some stores downtown so, why not? I get on a pair of boots and walk outside, I get wierd looks as I realize I'm the only girl with "male" clothing on. I had found suits earlier along with a trench coat and I thought of it to be much more comfortable than corsets. Especially I wanted to fight in the revolution, not go to a beauty pageant. I walked along the streets walking into a small store. I picked up a red scarf and a pair of boots that went to my ankles but had some sort of metal in them. Afterwards I decided to drink my problems away, I drink to forget but I always remember, this only seemed sensible at the time. I go into the bar and order a drink, because who cares about liver spots right? I hear shuffling next to me to find Mulligan drinking as well. "Mulligan, where are the others?" I ask "I'm drinking alone tonight, the others are back at camp, they didn't want to come." He says before taking another swig. I give him a small smile before saying "I'll drink with you, so you don't have to be so lonely!" He looks at me with stars in his eyes and chuckles "L/N you know how to get someones mood lifted, well hell I'll drink to that!"
With that we drank, we drank until we couldn't think...
Timeskip because I can

After hours of laughing, drinking, and talking with Mulligan I stumbled home. I stopped at the door and saw an envelope with a wax seal on it on the ground. I picked it up and took it inside, opening it soon after, it read.

Dear Y/N L/N,

      It has been put to my attention that you have requested to fight for our country. As a man I would question your actions greatly but as a general I respect you. I have been notified by a certain Arron Burr that you are quite different from others, you seem rather intriguing. So, I have decided that you may join this revolution against Britain and fight alongside our army. I look forward to seeing you in person.

Sincerely,
G. Washington