2

A boy by the name of Argus came around a few days after Micah. I had known him before, but I only began to acknowledge him after the ordeal. We had met through a mutual friend, he didn't seem to be much interested in me until about a year into our friendship and I was ready to pounce. He was the polar opposite of Micah; eighteen years of age, extremely tall (he towered over me, I was like 5'3 at the time) and dark skinned and of African descent. The perk: he was an upcoming "rapper" (He would say singer but he didn't have the right range in my opinion).

He consoled me. He reminded me how much I was worth and his social status in the area we lived brought me to believe I was a prospective socialite. I really wasn't as interested in him as I lead him to believe. I had fooled myself in that aspect as well. I hadn't once thought about the fact that he could've been a rebound, not even once. Approximately three weeks into this 'non-verbally established' relationship, I came to the realization that I didn't really like him at all. He was a great person personality wise. He just happened to be somewhat of a rebound and it took me that long and the help of my twenty year old gay friend to realize I was slowly becoming a player.

The way I went about breaking it off with him was oddly blunt. We hadn't met face to face a lot. We claimed it was because of the age gap (because why would an eighteen year old want to be seen with a thirteen year old, right?) so we based our relationship mainly on social media. I messaged him early the morning after our one month marker and acted as if I never had any feelings for him at all, which was partly true. I went on with my monotonous messages, telling him "I wasn't feeling it" anymore.

Argus' reaction to the whole situation was almost comical. His ego came into play, his absolute narcissistic behavior allowed him to enlighten me on the fact that 'I ain't shit'. The only reason he had reacted in such a way was because his local fame was getting to his head. He was aware that he was revered in our town and that got to him. "I could've been baggin' hoes," he told me one day, "but I chose you and all you wanted was to fuck me over."

He spent most of his time reminding me how much I was missing out on. He got a girl a day after, I expected it, actually. I think it was more to prove a point than a genuine union. He stopped bothering me circa two weeks after, stunting with some female whose body was seen more by the public than her report card had A's.

He did apologize for his behavior a few weeks after and made sure there was no love lost. I appreciated him as a person, just not as a male. Every male at that time had reminded me of Micah, and I just wanted to hurt them all. I wasn't fully satisfied quite yet, I needed something more to fill me, and I soon found him.