11

Love is a variety of different feelings.

He had assisted me in experiencing all of them from the basic emotions to the more complex emotions and I had never felt more satisfied. My school was holding a concert and the first thing I decided to do was invite him. Yeah, I know, at first I didn't even want to see him, but now I'm inviting him to shit.

My friends prepped me for the moment as they were well aware of my attraction towards him. My genuine attraction. Zach had arrived a couple minutes before the show commenced. I saw him from a distance. The most comical thought popped into my head.

"Is that slender man?"

I must stress again, he was overwhelmingly tall. Dressed elegantly in a crisp white shirt, black slacks and a khaki jacket, he had stopped to converse with one of his friends before he realized I was approaching him, We hugged and proceeded inside. 

It was as if we were familiar with each other that there was never a minute of discomfiture. If I was to be totally honest, I had no idea what was going on with the play. I spent most of my time trying to engage him in conversation and laughing when appropriate. I put on somewhat of an act. 

For him.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

During intermission, I introduced him to my friends who he clicked with immediately. He was much of a people person. One of my friends in particular tried to converse intimately with him because she admired his personality and how he made you feel comfortable just being yourself. If you didn't guess it already, we are no longer friends. 

He did not condone the conversation with her, though. I appreciated that.

Throughout the second part of the show, we held hands. I am still embarrassed to say that I had a fluffy feeling in my stomach for the first time. There had never been anything like it and I was scared.

I was scared to death that I would fall in love and I wouldn't be able to compose myself.

My fear came to life.

After the show, we hung out a little while I awaited the arrival of my father who would pick me up. We were surround by other people, so nothing overly intimate could've happened but the fact that he whispered the words "You don't know how bad I want to kiss you right now" made me melt as I waved him a shaky goodbye as I entered my father's car.

I was a mess.