→ PROLOGUE.

▶ SENSITIVITY × RALPH TRESVANT ( 4:41)

❛ YOU NEED A MAN
WITH SENSITIVITY

A MAN LIKE ME.

HIGHER LEARNING.
( PROLOGUE.)

❝ HAPPY IS THE MAN
WHO FINDS A TRUE FRIEND ,
AND FAR HAPPIER IS HE WHO FINDS
THAT TRUE FRIEND IN HIS WIFE . ❞

_______

_______

"Now, I present to you, the class of 1989!" The principal bellows, as I saw red and yellow graduation hats being thrown high in the air.

I was about to stand up, until Eric placed his hand on my thigh before saying. "Will you marry me?" He proposed. I nearly fainted and fell to the ground when he said that.

Instead, I just sat there all frozen with my eyes wide open. I couldn't believe this was actually life, not a cliché dramatic season finale of the young and the restless.

I started to get flashbacks from the beginning of the year. How did we get from running away from a flying cockroach, him buying me junk food at Skateland, me nearly killing him because of that fight we had in the middle of the year, jumping from a bungee jump at the amusement park, to here, him asking me to marry him?

I never knew that my time being frozen could be much more protracted. Eric kept looking at me. Oh, god, He must think that I'm suffering from a seizure right now.

"Hey, man, we did it!" Dre patted Eric on his shoulder with energy, as Ren and Yella stood around him. I saw the yellow and red confetti falling down out of nowhere. This went from a regular graduation ceremony to some corny 80's white teen movie.

"What happened? Why y'all not standing up?" Ren questioned us, but there was no answer from both of us.

All three of the boys saw my face, and they saw my eyes widened with shock. "I think he killed her, man." Yella whispered to Dre.

"Look, y'all can get steppin', I'll catch y'all up in a few." Eric told them.

"Fine, but everybody is coming over to some other nigga's house, word is that he's throwing a party." Dre told Eric.

"Man, this is gonna be bangin'! This is gonna give me the chance to be in a orgy with these fine ass bitches." Ren abruptly comments, as he, Yella and Dre walked away.