ii. ( ORIENTATION DAY. )

THE MOTHERFUCKING SAGA
CONTINUES.

---

HERE AND NOW | LUTHER VANDROSS ( 5:22 )

❛ HERE AND NOW,

I PROMISE TO LOVE FAITHFULLY. ❜

HIGHER LEARNING.
II.
( AUGUST 25TH, 1989. )

❝EVERY NEW FRIEND IS ASTART OF A NEW ADVENTURE , AND THE START OF MAKING MOREMEMORIES TO CHERISH FOR A LIFETIME

START OF A NEW ADVENTURE ,
AND THE START OF MAKING MORE
MEMORIES TO CHERISH FOR
A LIFETIME. ❞

_______

It was an early morning around the-now quiet neighborhood of compton. It was a quarter to nine, and me and Jada were at Kim's house, spending our final time together at her backyard, while Cube sat at a table, drinking his hidden pain away with a bottle of 40. I feel bad for him, his girlfriend is gonna be living another life across the country, and it's extremely back-breaking and difficult to keep a long distance relationship.

You don't know if the person you're in a relationship with is being loyal, and the worst fear is that they'll forget about you, and move on to someone else, while you're just sitting there, being another erased memory of your loved one.

Wow, I sounded so deep in there. You know what? Let me not explicate myself any further.

Me, Kim and Jada were sitting on top of Kim's trampoline, (yes, her backyard is that enormous) and Kim keeps babbling about on why Miche'le couldn't just say goodbye to her.

"Look, i understand that Michel'le is upset that she's not going to college, but she should've never stood me up like that." Kim spoke.

"You know she going through some shit, right now. She didn't get the chance to go to college, so things ain't working out for her." Jada comments.

"I know that.....but what she should know is to not stand up to her friend." She continued to protest, before breaking down into tears.

Jada gave her a hug that was filled with comfort and support, as Kim's cries transitioned from small whimpers to hysterical cries.

That's when I joined in the juncture, and gave her a hug, also. Kim separated herself from the hug, to take time to wipe her tears and to relax.

"I-i, I just want people like you and Cube and the boys in my life, I just don't wanna worry about us separatin'," Kim speaks, with a few gasps in between her sentence.