III: The Sword of a Holy Knight

Ban P.O.V

Humming to myself in my cell, I started zoning out

Memories of the past invaded my mind, memories that contained happiness, madness, anger and. . .love.

I felt my heart ache.

Ouch, heh.

Haven't felt that in a long time.

I wonder what she's doing. . .

Probably still mad at me, damn, that girl can hold a grudge.

"Come on, water sprite, you know I didn't mean it."

"Hmph!" She turned around, causing her blue hair to move carelessly and bounce a bit on her shoulders.

"You can't keep quiet forever, water sprite. I'd miss your voice too damn much," When it came to my feelings, I didn't stop.

I didn't hold back.

". . .You're so careless with your immortality," She mumbled angrily, her cheeks puffed out and I chuckled.

"How can someone not be careless with immortali-? Huh?" I saw a little drop of water drip down her chin and onto her dress.

"Water sprite, don't cry. You know I hate seeing you like thi-"

*slap!*

She back handed me across the face, leaving a stinging mark. Her strikes were always the most painful ones.

"I can't help but cry, you idiot! Everytime I see you do something like that, I get scared! I can't heal you like I used to anymore. . .I'm just so useless to you now-mm!"

I shut her up and pressed my lips to hers. With her not being so used to my unexpected kisses yet, she froze up as a few more tears trailed down her cheeks.

Wiping them away with my thumbs, she eased into the kiss, her eyes fluttering close and mine closing as well.

I pulled away from the kiss and leaned my forehead against hers.

"You're never going to be useless, not now, and not ever. You're precious to everyone here, especially me. You know why?"

She nodded no.

"Because everyone loves you for you. Not for your Sin, not for powers, but because you're an amazing woman. Beca-"

"Because I'm your little water sprite," She finished off, smiling at me. Her dark blue eyes staring into my red ones.

"What did I do to deserve you. . .?" I muttered into the darkness.

"Hey! Silence in there!"

Tch.

Alright, I've had enough of you idiots.

I want to see my little water sprite, and no one is gonna get in my way.