IX: The Poem of Beginnings (2)

Nixie P.O.V

After healing Eli's wounds, we got the Doctors daughter and put her in the same backpack with Eli since she had passed out from shock

I'm so nervous.

Why is my heart beating so fast?

I guess I still have feelings for that bastard.

After everything I've been through, once you truly fall in love, it's the most difficult thing in the world to get rid of those feelings.

"Ban?"

My breath hitched in my throat as I slowly turned around and saw him.
Those crimson red eyes, white spiky hair, that masculine body, it reminded me that those were only the few reasons I fell in love with him.

Meliodas and Ban stared eachother down, he didn't even acknowledge that anyone, other then Meliodas, was here.

"They both look mad at each other, oh I've got a bad feeling about this," Hawk shivered, backing up towards Diane.

"You're right, I think you wanna get behind me and hide there," Diane said, causing Hawk to squeak in worry.

"Ban!"

"Captain!"

E-eh. . .?

They immediately started smiling like complete idiots and high fiving eachother!

"What's that? Like, a game of
patty-cake gone horribly wrong?" Hawk questioned just as much as I did.

Diane looks pretty used to this.

"Captain!" Ban then slammed Meliodas into the wall, breaking several walls from such the harsh impact and Ban giggled.

"Captain, my turn! Me next! Hahaha!" He giggled, jumping up and down in excitement.

Meliodas slammed his head into Bans' abs-I mean, stomach, and knocked him into several walls as well, while still laughing!

"So great! I thought you might've gone soft on me!" Ban chuckled, his hands on his hips.

"You've still got it!"

Then they started to arm-restle, bringing the entire prison apart.

Then, he looked at me.

Those red eyes burned into my blue eyes and widened at the sight of me.

And like the very first time I met Ban with his signature smirk, black dots clouded my vision and I fainted.

~•~

"-she'll be okay?"

"She will be, it must be because of the way you looked at her, like when you first met."

The conversation dimmed in and out and I heard the door close before my eyes fluttered open and I looked around the room.

"Long time, no see Nixie."

Hearing Bans voice, I immediately turned around to face the wall as my shoulders tensed up.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I could hear his footsteps coming closer towards me and the bed slightly sunk in when he sat down.

"Nixilia, is-?"

"How can you talk to me like you care about my feelings?" I sat up, looking down.

"What do ya' mean? I do care about-"

"N-no, you don't. . .don't lie to me," I hicupped, choking on a sob.

"Okay, what the hell is going on? You're acting different-"

"How can I not?! The way you treated me?! The way you fought with me?! You don't care about me at all!" I yelled at him, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Water sprite-"

"And you expect me to act l-like everything is normal. . .? After I caught you sleeping with another woman in my own room?" That memory re-occured in my mind, causing me to cry even more.

". . ."

"Just leave me alone. I have a lot to think about, especially about going back home," His head perked up at this.

"Home. . .?"

"After I'm better. . .I'm going back home to get married. Now leave, I don't love you anymore. I-I mean, it's not like you ever loved me either, right?" I sniffled and he walked out, slamming the door on his way out.

I don't want to get married, but it's the only way to save Renai.