XI: A Fearsome Pursuer

Nixie P.O.V

"Water Queen Nixilia, you look absolutely stunning in that dress!"

It's my mothers' dress, so old-fashioned.

It's not. . .me.

It's not the dress I'd imagine myself getting married in.

"How about a different one? One more. . .strapless," I requested, making my way back to the room as the maids took it off of me.

"We will find one that's so ravishing that Sir Gilthunder won't be able to take his eyes off you!"

I walked back into my room, our room, and heard the bath splash.

I remember when I was stressed, Ban would draw me a bath and put shampoo into my hair, massaging my scalp and my tense shoulders.

Gilthunder is stressed too, I can tell.

Well, since I'm to be his wife, I'll have to be a supporting one.

Walking into the bathroom, I heard him freeze.

"It's alright, Gilthunder. It's only me," I reassured him, but he still remained tense.

"What are you doing?" He asked, glancing at me.

"We're going to wed, whether I like it or not, so I'm going to be the best supportive wife that I can be," I explained.

"Then get in with me. I can practically hear your shoulders making that cracking sound."

"No, but thank you," I replied emotionlessly.

"I love you, Nixilia. I have since we were kids," He whispered.

"I know, but I don't love you."

"Then can you let me show you?" He asked, and I looked up to meet his gaze.

Ban doesn't deserve me.

Not when I'm about to do this to him.

"Yes."

And he kissed me.