XV: Bloodcurdling Canon

Nixie P.O.V

"Recils retaw

"Recils retaw."

Launching another attack at Jericho as she was fighting with Ban, it struck her in the back and she flew into a village home, breaking through the wall.

"Ban, why aren't you healing?!" I panicked, pushing my hands towards his chest to heal him, but he shoved them away weakly.

"Don't!" He grunted.

"Ban, don't you dare argue with me! You're not healing!"

"Y-You can't waste your energy on me. Go find your family. . .get them out of here. I'll be fine," He smirked,
and I kissed his forehead, placing a secret healing spell on him before running back to the very place I just escaped.

That idiot sure knows how to make me worry!

But, we can't focus on that right now, we need to get my family back.

"Stop her!"

"Aluben retaw!"

Guards cried out in pain when I struck them and from the inside I heard screaming too!

Is someone else attacking th-?

My footsteps came to a stop when I spotted a familiar dark blue hair and brown eyes.

"Renai!"

I called out to my little sister as she fought them off with her sword, and her smile grew when seeing me.

"Nixie!"

"Just hold on, I'll be right there!"

Renai was always good with a blade, she never relied on magicks gifted to us and resulted in never using it.

"They told me you were marrying Gil!" We embraced eachother, crying in pure relief and joy.

"You know I wouldn't give up without a fight-"

"So that means' the Seven Deadly Sins are here?!" She asked excitedly, her eyes shining.

"Including their secret comrade. Where's dad?"

"He's still trapped. He sacrificed his freedom for mine," She looked down with a guilty expression, but I made her look at me by gently grabbing her chin.

"You're a warrior, Renai. I would've done the same in his shoes, so save him, because I know that's what you were planning," Nodding vigoursly, she proudly gripped her sword and went back into the battle.

She can handle a few guards.

It's the Holy Knights we have to worry about.

"I didn't want to believe what Lord Hendrickson said about you, but perhaps he wasn't as wrong as I thought," Fumiko landed infront of me in full armor, power radiating from her.

"Fumiko, Hendrickson is a liar! He has no heart, he doesn't love anyone but himself!" I tried to reason with her, but it seems that his lies are already etched into her skin.

"Hendrickson is the only person to ever show me true kindness, true compassion. . .Forgive me, Water Queen Nixilia, but it seems it is too late for you."

One by one, swords started appearing behind her until more then a thousand were set, ready to attack me.

"R-!"

"Angels Wrath: Full Counter!"

Although some missed me, the rest did horrible damage and my screams of pain echoed throughout the kingdom.

"Agh!"

One flew into my stomach and blood practically poured out of my mouth and unfortunately, I cannot heal myself.

"F-Fumiko. . .s-stop," I choked out, pain coursing through my veins as she approached me with as saddened expression.

"Do not worry, my Queen.
Ban cannot hurt you anymore, for he too will soon be gone."

Ban. . .?

Dead. . .?

"N-No. . .Ban. . .NO!"

I cried out, my heart writhing in pain like someone had set it on fire and my pain suddenly vanished. Only the pain of my breaking heart remained.

"This power. . ." Fumiko mumbled, stepping away from me until she stumbled and fell.

"I won't let anyone hurt him! I WON'T BE LEFT ALONE AGAIN!"

With one final scream, I yanked the sword out of my stomach and glared at her.

"Don't mess with the Queen. . ."