VI: A Little Girl's Dream

Chapter VI: A Little Girl's Dream
Nixie P.O.V

"She's our 'secret comrade'? Ha! But she's just a Princess!" The man with red eyes laughed and I puffed out my cheeks in anger

"Be careful Ban, she's pretty powerful."

"But look at her! She's so tiny! Besides, we can't let a little thing like her get hurt," He patted my head with his hand and I glares daggers at him.

"Wasgij retaw!"

My body turned entirely into water and started spinning around rapidly, creating blades of water and sharp enough that even the slightest touch can slice someone's finger, but not cut it off.

And since he was standing too close, hundreds of cuts started appearing on his body before he had realized what had just been done.

"See? Told ya'!" Giggled Diane before I stopped, he started staring closely at me as if I was a puzzle that he was trying to place together.

"Well well, if it isn't little water sprite."

"H-how do you know my nickname? Only my best friend knew tha-!"

I stopped when I really looked into his eyes and immediately recognized that signature smirk.

"Ban. . .?"

"In the flesh! Hehe!"

My dark blue eyes snapped open and I sat up in a cold sweat.

These memories. . .

They're coming, warning me that I'll have to face him again.

Face the man who threw me to the ground and stomped on my trust like it was nothing.

"Good morning, sleepy head!"

Diane knocked at my window and I smiled, knowing that at least I had her to comfort me, even if she doesn't know of all the details of what had happened that night.