V: The Sin in The Sleeping Forest [2]

Nixie P.O.V

"This power

"This power. . ." Diane muttered as Gilthunder approached.

"Yeah, there's no doubt about it. Holy Knight, aren't you?" Meliodas asked him casually as I struggled in my bindings.

"Gil. . .thunder? Gilthunder, is that you?! What are you up to? Why are you doing this?" Eli demanded.

"You know him?" Meliodas asked.

"Ever since I was a little girl, when he was my father's attendant. As an aid to the King and son of the Holy Knights' Grand Master, he was always at the palace. So I. . .I kinda grew up with him," Eli explained to Meliodas.

"So, you're his wife?" Meliodas then turned to me.

"No! I'd never marry him! He's like a little brother to me. . ." I trailed off, trying making direct eye contact with Gilthunder.

But he refused to look at me.

"Gilthunder, please don't do this," I begged, but he didn't listen to me.

Please don't make me hurt you, Gil.

"The son of the Grand Master, huh? Hey! Wait a minute, are you little Gil?" Meliodas grinned.

"What? You know him too?" Eli asked, surprise in her tone.

"Sure! I even gave him lessons occasionally when I'd find myself at the royal palace! Wow, you've really grown up! Then again, it has been ten years since I've seen you," Meliodas chuckled.

"If you have the time to prattle on like this, perhaps you should spend it thinking about how you'll escape those bonds," Gilthunder spoke darkly towards us.

"You were the one to block out that villages' water supply, weren't you?" Meliodas asked out of the blue.

"Sir Meliodas, that can't be! You're wrong! Gilthunder wouldn't-!"

Eli stopped herself when she saw the darkness and hatred that filled his eyes.

"No. . .it can't be," Eli backed up a few steps, fear slowly starting in her body.

"These can't hold me!" Diane proclaimed, trying to break the bonds.

"That's useless," Gilthunder warned.