IV: The Sin In The Sleeping Forest

Nixie P.O.V

"Lord Gilthunder! Queen Nixilia! Please, you must not see this!"

The guards tried pushing us back from seeing the bloody murder of Grand Master Zaratras.

"Who did this?! Who killed my father?!"

He demanded and I hugged him as he sobbed into my chest.

At the time, Gilthunder was only twelve years old, and I was 16, but I was crowned Queen Nixilia when my mother was poisoned and died within hours.

I still remember the things she told me. . .

"N-Nixilia? Where are you?" The poison gave her temporary blindness before her demise.

"I'm right here, mother," I gripped her hand tight.

"I know you do not want to be wed to a stranger when you get older. . .because you're in love," She smiled, even if she couldn't see me.

"M-Mother, what are you-?"

"I used to see it in your eyes, Nixie.
He's a strange one at that, a-and quite older then you. . .but you love him."

Tears formed in my eyes because she was the only one who knew about us, the only one who paid any attention to me.

"As their secret comrade, Nixie, something will happen in the near future, but it will not be their fault. Stay by Meliodas' side. . ."

"Mother? Mother?! MAMA!"

My dark blue eyes snapped open at the horrible memory of the past and my chest was heaving up and down.

It's just a dream, Nixie.

It's just a dream.