Maybe in another lifetime

Narrator P.O.V

"My Queen, King Ban and Fairy Queen Elaine have come!" One of Queen Nixilia's servants informed her, causing her to snap from her daze on her throne.

"Let them in."

"Nixilia, I'm so thrilled to see again!" Elaine expressed, causing a small smile to appear on the queens face.

"I am as well. Now tell me, where is that dastardly husband of yours?"

"Up here!"

"Piece of crap!"

Nixilia looked up to see both Ban and Kaden hanging from the chandelier.

"Kaden, what have I told you about such foul language?!" Elaine shouted as her son descended from the ceiling.

"Sorry mother. . ." He grumbled.

"Don't stress, babe. He gets it from his dad," Ban grinned.

"He certainly does. Oh, and apologies for not being able to make it to his birthday, me and my husband were in one of the far kingdoms making a peace treaty. But I got a special present for you, Kaden!"

"Really?! Can I see it?!" The young Fairy Prince shouted in excitement.

"Now be patient," Ban scolded his son.

"It's a weapon carved from the finest of metal found in this kingdom. A double bladed spear," Snapping her fingers, the metal was cool to the touch as it appeared in his hands.

"So cool! Thanks, Auntie Nixie!"

"You're welcome!"

□□

As Ban and Nixilia stood beside eachother, watching the beautiful sunset as Elaine and Nixilias' husband, Kunzite, discussed politics, they remembered their shared memories together.

"You wonder too, don't you?" Nixilia suddenly spoke up.

"Do I wonder what would've happened if we stayed together? Almost every damn day, Nixie," When he heard her sniffle, he looked to see a few tears trailing down her cheeks.

"I love Kunzite with all my heart, you know that, Ban. . .but there's this space that I can't get rid of that reminds me of all the "What if's?" that could've happened," She expressed, the feeling of his thumb wiping away her tears something she wished happened everytime she thought of him.

"We can never get over a first true love. Sure, Elaine and I are in love, but even with all of that and even our son. . .I always wonder.
What if I stayed? What if I married you? What if we had our own little kingdom away from all of this?" Ban gave his examples while staring into those blue eyes he still felt something for.

"Maybe in the next life the world will be fair to us," Nixie expressed, making Ban chuckle.

"Yeah, the next life."

"Until then, Ban of the Undead, just know that I will always have love for you in my heart. No matter how many children I have with Kunzite, no matter where life leads us, whether into war, famine, and even death. . .I'm still that sixteen year old girl who fell in love with you all those years ago," Nixilia revealed to him, staring directly into the eyes of the man she had such adoration and hidden love for.

"Until then, Nixilia of Despair, I will always have that part of my heart that refuses to beat for anyone else but you. Whether I suddenly die one day, whether I remain immortal and outlive all of whom I love, I'm still that broken man who fell for his little water sprite," Ban revealed, tears trailing down both of their faces at that point.

And after that, they parted ways.
Despite the fact that they both lived out their days fulfillingly, despite the fact that Nixilia had three successful and amazing children with Kunzite and died happily, even in the afterlife, she still loved that man.

Despite the fact that Ban lived out the rest of his days with Elaine and his two children, battling the demons who dared to enter the forest and even retiring his title as the Fox Sin, until the very day someone found a way to kill him, he died loving Nixilia, and his last words being:

"See you soon. . .water sprite. . .: