Another Arson?

Sky Pov. Three months later.

    We still can't get over Whisp. We were the cause of her death. If we didn't exist, she wouldn't of gone back, she wouldn't of died... We are still trying to follow her order, master our elements. I practiced mine everyday, right now I'm lifting boulders with air by the river. I lift one over my head easily, and then throw it to the other side of the river. I then try to practice my flying, I still don't trust myself not to drop me. I let a burst of air at my feet, and let it run continuously. I fly into the air, and feel myself get lightheaded. I look around, realizing how far up I am! I'm above the tallest tree in the forest, by at least five hundred feet! I slowly let myself descend, shaking. I fall to my knees upon contact with the soft earth, and sit there, contemplating how strong our powers are.

   After a long half hour, I get up, and head to a house that we all pitched in to buy. It still didn't seem like home, but it was much better than the prison that we used to call home! It has glossy wooden floors, and red sleek walls. I walk in to find Jin calling everyone downstairs in a panic.

   "Guys there's some thing on the news that I want you to see!" Everyone eventually gets downstairs in the next minute.

    "Why're we here?" I ask, still reeling from this morning flight.

    "This!" With that Jin turns on the tv. I recognize the channel as the same one from before. It turns to a newscaster, but Jin rewinds it.

    "Another arson has occurred! It was in a similar building to before, and seems to be in the same style! Your thoughts, Hank?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Another arson, Whisp is dead!

   "Thanks Phil. We have more strange hints but no footage! The Few are here, everything is going to be fine! They'll save everybody!" Not Whisp, I thought bitterly.

   "We have arrested the nearest person to the scene. Her name is reportedly Dandelion, and we have a confession, but she insists she is in the right. Here is the footage." It fades into a small framed teenager around our age, with werewolf ears and tail. Her hair is brown, and her ears are a golden color. Her eyes are hazel, and her tail is like her ears, except with a brown tip.

   "Hey why is there a camera in my face?! Hey camera man! What's going on? Is this about the building? I did it for Alpha! She told me there was a bad man there, so I burnt it down! Alpha was going to do it anyways! I did good! He was bad, and I burnt his house down! His name sounded scary! It started with a D? Ooh a mystery!" Doc is alive?! Who's this Alpha person? I remember being told by Jin that all werewolves have a leader that they called Alpha, but I don't know much about it. The screens turns to the newscaster again.

   "Well Hank, we aren't allowed to prosecute her, because she did it with her Alpha's order. We can, however prosecute the Alpha in question." 

  "I understand that, but we have only a few leads towards them. One, that they are either a werewolf, or an actual wolf. Two, Dandelion, she might not tell us though. Three, going over the last incident like this. The police have code named it, but Author is boring, and can't come up with one. I mean umm... fourth wall? Anyways- I turn off the tv in rage.

   "The doctor got to live!?" I feel a vein pulse in my neck. "Not Whisp!? The world must hate the whole idea of fairness!" I see Max punching a wall in anger. Jin was trying to comfort everybody, but failing. Ross gave Shelby a hug to calm her down. Barney was cursing the forces of nature to 'dirt hell', and I was having trouble not joining Max in punching the wall. Whisp, Whisp! I break down, and it seems most people have already. I eventually just start internally raging at the doctor that cost Whisp her life.

   Whisp Pov.

   Dandy, why? Why would you not just let me handle it?! I was waiting at the police station for Dandy to be released. I am rather bruised and dirty, so people are staring. I was wearing a new hoodie that I had stolen from a previous town, I went without my mask so no one could recognize me. Finally I hear a door click, and suddenly Dandy walked out.

   "Alpha!" She hugs me. She reminds me of her mother, who I've become great friends with. I hug back, and she turns to her wolf form.

  I give her a small squeeze, before letting her jump into a purple bag I stole awhile back

  I give her a small squeeze, before letting her jump into a purple bag I stole awhile back. I am jogging back to the cave, but I pass the building that she burnt down. I break into a sprint, and as soon as I get into the tree line I run as fast as the wolves. I reach the cave, and Dandy hops out of the bag. "Alpha! I burnt the bad mans house down!" I nod.

    "Yes you did! I'm grateful for that, but you could have gotten hurt! If Doc had been there...." I trail off, but she gets the idea.

     "I'm sorry! Alpha, were you worried?" I pull her into a hug.

     "Yes, I was Dandy! If you got hurt I wouldn't forgive myself!" I eventually fell asleep hugging her. She set me down when I was still half awake. Dandy leaves after that, and I worry about her safety.