21

××××××

Jack had fallen asleep on Mark's lap, quietly snoring every now and then.

Mark pressed gentle kisses against his pale skin, making sure not to wake him. He knew that Jack was exhausted, due to not getting much sleep in the past couple nights.

Plus, Jack had explained to Mark that his sleeping schedule is really messed up. Thanks to you know who.

His hands began to grip onto Mark's shirt, small tears escaping his eyes, as he whimpered in pain. Seeing the spots of blood form on Jack's blue shirt, Mark moved Jack off of him and went upstairs to get the first aid kit.

But a certain someone just had to stop by for a visit.

Felix crept into Mark's house, quietly shutting the door behind him. He knew where Mark hid his spare key so getting in is never a problem.

Planning on scaring his friend, he noticed a figure laying on the couch, covered in a blanket. Chuckling to himself, Felix snuck up on the sleeping person, yelling 'boo' at the top of his lungs.

Mark heard the yelling and the sudden scream after it, and he raced downstairs to make sure Jack was okay.

He turned the corner and set the kit he was carrying on a side table. He saw his Swedish friend sitting on his floor, looking confused. Mark noticed that Jack was shaking and crying silently.

'He must've scared him awake.'

Jack couldn't handle being awoken to fast, it sends him into panicked state. Going over to the couch, Mark wraps his arms around Jack, trying to calm him down.

"Felix, what the hell?!"

"I'm sorry! I thought it was you and I was gonna scare you!" Rolling his eyes, he runs a hand through Jack's hair as his cries softened.

After a minute or two of awkward silence, Jack pulls away from Mark's chest and sits beside him. "You okay?" He nods meekly and looks around, his eyes stopping on Felix.

"S-So, this is Felix?"

"Yep. Swedish fish genes and all."

"Yeah, yeah. Any way you mind telling me who this is? I'd like to apologize for scaring the hell out of him..."

Does Mark raise an eyebrow before answering, "You don't remember the guy I showed a picture of? The one I met on Kik?"

Felix sits for a second, racking his brain before somewhat remembering the picture of the Irishman. "Oh! It was... Jack? Did I get it right?"

"Yes you did, congrats for not being as brain dead as I thought you were." Mark says blankly, his mind still occupied with making sure Jack was okay.

"Fuck off." Felix turns to Jack, who was hiding behind Mark's arm. "Like I was trying to say, I'm sorry I scared you. I didn't know it was you..."

"It's okay." Jack says quietly, but loud enough for Felix to hear. Jack was never one to socialize openly. His anxiety always gets the best of him, this being the reason why he only has one friend back home.

He sits up properly, still keeping his distance from this new person. Mark had mentioned Felix before, so it wasn't as hard to try and talk to him.

'There's so much wrong with you, isn't there?'

"Jack? You okay?"

"What? Oh uh yeah, I'm fine." Jack turns to Felix and gives a small smile. "It's nice to meet you."