Chapter 2: Hilary's Coronation

Chapter Two

Hilary was always compared to her older sister and could never be as perfect as her. But not this week. This week Hilary was too excited to think about her “wonderful” sister. This week on June 3rd Hilary was turning 16 which meant she was getting her coronation. Her very own coronation where she would be crowned a ruler. You usually have your coronation when you turn 16. Which is how old Hilary was turning. Ever since Hilary had turned 15 all she could think about was turning sixteen and getting her coronation. In days she was turning 16 and there was still a lot of planning to do so from her waking hour to going to bed she would be working hard.

There was so much to do! Hilary would usually wake up at around 6:30 am. After she would get dressed and do her makeup really fast she would go downstairs to have breakfast with Brianna and Cody.Then at seven fifteen they would all have an hour of tutoring and studying. Hilary’s tutor was named Mr. Kennish and she couldn’t have asked for a better tutor. Mr. Kennish always had faith in Hilary no matter how hard she struggled in her studies.

After her tutoring she planned and worked for as long as she could find something to do. Lily would always work right through lunch because she couldn’t help it! There was so much to plan! All the decorating and catering and activities. By the time she was tired of all the work it was three and she wanted fresh air. She would grab her big book of fairytales and go to Gastonia Park with Cody. Once the kids would see her they would take her hand and follow. They would sit down in the grass and she would read her book from cover to cover. When she read the kids would feel as if they were inside the book. She would do the voices perfectly. High for the fairies in Sleeping Beauty and and low for the Big Bad Wolf in Little Red Riding Hood. Hilary loved reading to the kids more than the kids loved her reading. After she would finish reading the time was four forty five and Hilary still couldn’t rest! She would run home and get changed into jeans and a t-shirt. Then she would go to her guest house to see her best friend’s Aggie.