Chapter Six

Jungkook woke up better rested than he had been in a long time. Jungkook rubbed in his eyes and looked out of the window, it was early in the morning, but not too early. The sun was rising. Jungkook searched the phone to know the exact time. He couldn't find the phone. He searched again. And then he found it. Hidden, charged by the hidden charger only used by doctors. Jungkook unlocked the phone checking the time. 6:43 am. Jungkook looked out his window, the sky was a beautiful tone of pink and orange. Jungkook smiled as he couldn't prevent himself from falling into another lap. He had to catch up on his sleep. Not more than 30 minutes later Jungkook woke up again. He looked at the door waiting for his doctor to walk in for the daily check up.

Yoongi came in to the hospital at 7:30am, as was his usual time. Getting his bag checked, he headed on ahead to Jungkook's room directly. He didn't have to make any rounds today and he had come in voluntarily since he had a lot of things to talk about with Jungkook.

Jungkook sat down with his notebook in his hands waiting patiently as outside he could hear voices, footsteps and laughter. He drew a flower crown. He spend about 10 minutes on it and even after that Yoongi wasn't there. Jungkook patiently drew a field of flowers, drawing himself, Yoongi and Jimin in the middle of it. He didn't know why, it just popped up in him.

Yoongi knocked briefly on the door before pushing it open minimally, closing it behind him as soon as he had squeezed through. "Good morning Jungkook, I brought breakfast again. Except, this time we're eating together. I woke up a bit late..." Yoongi said as he approached Jungkook, sitting on the floor by the bed.

"Y-yes," Jungkook mumbled as he pushed out a smile. "We w-were g-going t-to talk ab-bout me r-right?" Jungkook asked, reminding Yoongi of what they had planned for today.

"Well... That can wait till after breakfast, right? I'm sort of hungry. Aren't you?" Yoongi asked rhetorically as he pulled out two boxes along with two pairs of chopsticks.

"It's omurice today. A Japanese dish but pretty good for just about any meal if you ask me," Yoongi continued. When his phone dinged, he pulled it up to see his nutritionist friend had arrived and was already working on changing their meal plan and she was also a foodie so she was bound to make the meals tasty. He put his phone away with a smile and looked back at Jungkook. Jungkook took a bite from the dish that Yoongi had brought with him, realizing that if the meals would change, that Yoongi wouldn't visit him anymore with food.

"H-hyung," Jungkook mumbled softly. "W-will y-you still b-bring b-breakfast, even w-when the m-meals c-change?" Jungkook looked at Yoongi as he tilted his head a little bit chewing on another bite from the omurice.

"Sure, I can do that. Is the omurice good? Like, it's not too salty or anything right?" Yoongi asked as he bit into his own breakfast, glad to see Jungkook was asking more of his cooking.

"It's delicious," Jungkook mumbled happily as he took another bite of the dish. He really enjoyed it. He smiled as he opened his notebook again and showed Yoongi the drawings he had made that morning.

"When did you wake up? And how do you draw so well right after waking up?" Yoongi commented awed after swallowing. He let his fingers brush over the drawing fondly, flipping between them, his lips pulled back into a gummy smile. "Wow this is really cute..."

"I think, I woke up at 6am, something like that, or 6:30," Jungkook mumbled as he took another bite of the dish.

"Wow... If you didn't wake up in the middle then you slept well. I'm glad I could help." Yoongi said as he swallowed another bite of his breakfast, his brain formulating questions he could ask Jungkook after they were done with their present meal.

"Yes," Jungkook mumbled softly as he looked at the floor. He was still tired even though he had slept so well that night. He yawned softly as he took the last bite of his breakfast.