Chapter Ten

Jungkook slept peacefully and as he woke up he opened his eyes. "H-hyung?" was the first thing he said as he woke up. He didn't feel Yoongi's hand in his hair anymore and he was worried.

Yoongi had gone to wash up and hoped to be back in Jungkook's room before he woke up. Seeing food being brought to Jungkook's room, he hurried his pace. He entered the room in a hurry and smiled when he saw Jungkook awake.

"You're awake," he said simply before sitting next to him. "Jimin felt ignored yesterday so he said he'll come next week. He's going to Busan." Yoongi didn't know why he was telling Jungkook about Jimin but maybe because he didn't have anything else to say?

"I... Your food is on its way," he said, a few seconds before the door opened with the nurse rolling the tray in. "I'll feed him, it's okay, thank you," Yoongi said politely, the nurse bowing in response before showing herself out. Jungkook smiled as he tried to lift his head, just a little, but it worked as he tried to use his arm to lift himself up higher, but he didn't have energy in his muscles.

"Why are you still here? You should sleep in a proper bed," Jungkook asked as he looked into Yoongi's eyes turning his head to the left side of him where Yoongi sat on the chair. Yoongi came up to his bed and worked on getting the rails down, ignoring the concern the younger had for him.

"It's okay, it's not important. Here, I'll raise the bed so careful okay?" Yoongi spoke gently as he raised the top half of the bed so Jungkook's upright position could be supported by the mattress. After raising it a bit, he locked it at 45°, a comfortable angle. "You don't mind if I feed you right? Not that you can do much about it."

Jungkook grinned, a sting hit his chest. "Don't make me grin, it hurts," Jungkook said with a smile on his face. "Yoongi Hyung?" He asked as he saw Yoongi getting the food.

Yoongi bit his lip and pulled the tray next to Jungkook's bed, sitting on the edge next to Jungkook himself. He didn't want to tell Jungkook that him closing himself off was his first wrong step and they wouldn't even be here if he had healed and come out. "Yeah? What is it Jungkook-ah?" Yoongi said with a heavy voice instead, swallowing the lump in his throat that had uncomfortably situated itself there when he thought about Jungkook jumping.

"Why did you leave the hospital as doctor?" Jungkook asked.

"I forgive you for your decision hyung, but please tell me why," Jungkook added when he took a bite from what Yoongi presented him. The food was good. Not as good as the food they had in the mental hospital.

"Well... Actually, my brother got sort of kicked out of his job and then he got into a horrendous accident which led to him needing a spine surgery. He... He had to use up most of his savings for that and my parents needed someone to take care of them for the first month my brother had complete bed rest. So the only option was me going to Seoul to work there so I could feed and take care of my parents and my brother. I worked endlessly so I could earn a lot in a short time and put it in the bank. So now it's okay for me to be here." Yoongi finished with a smile as he extended the spoon towards Jungkook again. Jungkook took the bite from the spoon and smiled while chewing the food and swallowing it.

"I thought you didn't want to be with me, that's why you didn't talk to me." Jungkook said. He felt guilty now. But at the same time he didn't know what to feel exactly.

"You were doing so well the last week that I didn't want you to know about my resignation..." He paused to lean towards Jungkook, reaching out to wipe a crumb away from his chin, "I loved being around you. You're so passionate and you were so excited to get out and go to art school. I tried to send Jimin but you had already locked yourself away..."

"I still want to go to art school," Jungkook said as he looked at Yoongi with a smile. "Can we get there one day?" Jungkook asked as he lifted his hand slowly to grab Yoongi's hand.