Chapter Nine

Yoongi was now a visiting doctor at two hospitals and a regular at another. With these three jobs, he had already earned a handsome 6 million won in the past two months. He had left 5.75 million won in the bank account with his parents. With his previous savings and his current earning, he had over 2 million won himself and he knew he could spend them at his own leisure. He had tried to keep in contact with Jimin but Jimin always just told him that Jungkook was never ready to meet him. He grew more and more anxious about him everyday. One day, he felt his brain shut down in the middle of a diagnosis. His mind was overtaken by thoughts filled with worry of Jungkook. He excused himself and called the hospital back in Daegu. The ominous feeling in the pit of his stomach only worsened when they failed to pick up. He went back to his chamber and put his phone away, trying to get through his shift as calmly as he could, trying to help his other patients to the best of his ability in his current condition.

His fears were confirmed when he called the hospital and the receptionist regretfully informed him about a battered up Jungkook who had jumped off their roof and was now in the city hospital, undergoing treatment without much success. He heard about his constant weight loss and when he heard of Jungkook shutting himself away, going deeper into depression despite the efforts of his doctors, he hung up. He had just parked his car away before going into the house. He dropped the phone beside him and let his anguish take over him as a wave of tears once again plagued him. There was no guarantee that Jungkook would recover and if he passed away, Yoongi knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself, knowing that Jungkook meant much more than just a patient or even a friend.He sniffled, wiping his tears as he gathered himself enough to go inside the house and tell his parents he was going back to Daegu. They knew, it seemed, as they only smiled sadly in response and let him go, without so much as a question. He silently wondered if they even cared. Pushing his unnecessary thoughts away, he asked his other friend in Seoul to send his stuff back to Daegu. Packing things away in in the large suitcase he knew he could carry with him in the train, he booked the ticket for the earliest train next morning, while packing his room up hastily so he could

Packing things away in in the large suitcase he knew he could carry with him in the train, he booked the ticket for the earliest train next morning, moving on to packing his room up hastily so he could ship most of it himself. He then made arrangements for shipping his luggage, moving it downstairs again, which he found void of people. He never really understood the passage of time during his times of despair, like now. It was well into the morning and he had three more hours before he had to board his train. His parents had fallen asleep, his brother was undoubtedly sleeping as well, his nurse probably sleeping on the floor by his bed. He quietly situated all his boxes by the door, only 6 since he knew he would move back to Daegu one day.

His messy scrawl found its way onto a piece of paper as he wrote in as much detail as he could about his situation, calling Jungkook not his patient, but someone he loved and needed in his life. He wrote about his helplessness back when he had to move up to Seoul and his helplessness now when he had to go back down to Daegu. He wrote about the movers coming in and picking up his boxes early next morning, when he himself would be already gone. He wrote to wish them well. He wrote telling them he loved them but his life called and he had somewhere much more important to be. Monetary support would be something Yoongi would always provide, he wrote in that messy letter. He wrote to say he was sorry he left so suddenly but he hoped they would enjoy his farewell gift.

Folding the A4 size paper up, he put it under the medicine box, knowing they would definitely see it there. He found himself in the kitchen chopping up vegetables and cutting up seafood not much later. He was going to make his famous braised seafood before he left as his farewell to his parents and brother. By the time he was done, he had well over an hour to make it to the train. Hailing a taxi, he set off for the train station, his heart pounding painfully throughout the hours as he prayed and prayed endlessly for Jungkook. He didn't sense a thing around him, his speed walking to the train platform didn't faze him, when a fellow passenger asked him something, he stared at them blankly, his tear-stained cheeks shooing off the prying traveller.