Chapter Thirteen

The next week passed by uneventfully, with Jungkook eating well, drinking well, doing well during the two therapy sessions and Yoongi didn't really have much thought to spare for himself because of him now dealing with two patients. But whenever he could, he slipped into Jungkook's room, relaxing and rejuvenating himself in there on his bed or just with his company. Yoongi had been bringing his bacon sandwiches in again which Jungkook ate with as much fervor as he did earlier. Jimin had actually found a few rings and had told all their shopkeepers to reserve those pairs of rings till the day after Jungkook's release. He had found a pair which had the insignia of a rose on it which he was sure Jungkook would like. It seemed like the whole 'Rose' image was important to both of them.

Yoongi was finishing up the paperwork for Jungkook when he saw him sidle up to his side, bumping into the duffel bag Yoongi had packed with Jungkook's clothes which now hung from Yoongi's shoulder.

"Ready to get out and get the cast out?" Yoongi asked as he finished up the last bit and turned to his companion.

"Yes," Jungkook smiled at Yoongi while walked out of his room for one last time. During the week Jungkook was a lot out of his room sketching the patients while some of them admiringly watched him draw them and after that always wanted to keep the drawings. But Jungkook said he couldn't do that, he would use them for his first exhibition as art student. 'You can all come,' he said to the patients he drew. 'Else I'll bring the exhibition here,' he grinned. He would get them to see themselves drawn in the colors he wanted to draw them, bright and happy not portrayed as patients or mentally ill, but as the personality they were behind their illness.

"I'm quite done with this heavy thing around my arm," Jungkook said as he looked at Yoongi with a smile while walking through the hallways.

Yoongi laughed and put his hand gently behind Jungkook's back, "I'd be surprised if you weren't, Jungkook." He smiled at the patients who waved at the two slightly shyly, but a clear shine of happiness twinkling in their eyes.

"Did you do something while I was away and busy? Did you actually go out and socialise?" Yoongi asked Jungkook teasingly, narrowing his eyes at him playfully.

"But I'm glad you're getting out finally." He added at the end, rubbing Jungkook's back. He knew exactly what had been going on. The doctors had told him, the patients had thanked him. He was just really proud today of Jungkook's progress and it was clear on his radiant face, not like he was doing much to hide it.

"I did go out and socialise for once," Jungkook smiled. "I thought you knew." He replaced his own bag on his shoulder and waved at one of the patients he had drawn.

"I'm working on a project, I have a lot of sketches from the patients which I will draw at home on canvas," Jungkook told.

"I hope you could help me get the exhibition into the hospital maybe one day?" Jungkook asked as he looked to Yoongi on his side.

"I can arrange for that. Your wish is my command," Yoongi said returning Jungkook's glance.

"And are you kidding? There's no way I couldn't have known. And I'm looking forward to this. Your works I mean." Yoongi then pushed the door open, gesturing to Jungkook to walk out. They would go and get his cast out before heading home.

"One of your patients I drew was really happy with her drawing," Jungkook said with a smile. He knew that person was really happy with it, even during dinner she was still smiling while sitting at Jungkook's table talking about how she loved the sketch. "Can you go with me to buy paint and canvas?" Jungkook asked as they walked out of the facility.

Yoongi pouted, "yes as long as it's during the weekend. I don't enjoy shopping." He led the way to the car, as he spoke further, "But first we're definitely going to get your cast out. I'll ask the doctor to keep it intact so we can give it to Rose. What do you say?"