Chapter Eight

Another couple of weeks passed, peacefully and Jungkook kept improving. This day they were sitting in the rose garden because they didn't get permission to leave the hospital that day. Jungkook was talking with Yoongi about drawing and his future goal to go to art school again. To the point where one person interrupted them.

"Dr Min? I want to talk about your resignation," The man said as he walked in. "Mr Jeon, would you excuse us and please enjoy other sides of the garden?" The man faced Jungkook now with a smile on his face. Jungkook smiled as he looked at Yoongi with a desperate look. He didn't feel good that moment. He walked out of the rose garden and sat down on a little patch of grass just outside so he could overhear their conversation.

Yoongi stood up and faced the man with a faux smile. "I suppose it's been accepted? Please, I'd rather talk inside actually. It's not good for my patient to hear this." He finished quietly, hoping the whispering wind would carry his words away from Jungkook. His heart squeezed painfully knowing he probably wouldn't get to bid him farewell. He hadn't even brought Jimin in for the past week. He had packed up and sent most things up to Seoul. He was waiting for his resignation here before he could accept the job offer there. He stole a look at Jungkook, silently wishing him a speedy recovery and bidding him goodbye before gesturing to the man in front of him towards the entrance of the building so they could speak in detail.

"Of course, but since it's been accepted, it's no use to be here in the hospital anymore, we could move to my office to finish the last paperwork?" The man asked as he opened the door of the rose garden. Jungkook saw Yoongi and the man walk out of the rose garden while he heard all the words that had been said. He wanted to cry. Of course Yoongi would leave him one day. He wasn't good enough for anyone. He knew that, he always had known.

"That's perfect, in fact." Yoongi agreed, following him inside, not wanting to look at Jungkook because he knew if he did, he would crumble right there and not want to go through with the finishing procedures. But he knew his family needed him and his life had been shifted there along with all his things. So he kept his eyes on the back of the man in front of him, his face stoic.

Jungkook saw the man walking away. While he saw Yoongi walking into the hospital, he cried. He hid his face in his hands while the tears streamed down his face. He knew this, he knew that Yoongi would leave him.

"Why are you leaving?" The man asked Yoongi as they walked into the office. "You were doing really good with that patient," He continued as he sat down opening a box taking out some papers.

"My brother had an accident actually and now he's going to undergo a major spinal cord surgery. My brother was the source of income for himself and my parents. They need my support now, all three of them. I can't fail them. It's just, this happened sooner than expected otherwise I could have gotten Jungkook discharged. I will send my roommate here regularly to check up on him, just to make sure he's continuing his progress." Yoongi spoke to the manager as he took the papers from his hand, going over them slowly.

"I hope that you leaving won't affect his state," The man said with a smile while he looked at Yoongi. "We hope you come back, you are a really good doctor."

"Thank you. I hope I see more positive changes by the time I come back. It has been a true pleasure to work here, I hope you'll take me back when I leave Seoul again." Yoongi smiled amiably back as he finished the paperwork and handed over his ID card.

Jungkook walked to his room now crying, getting the most curious looks of people. He never walked without Yoongi. Not since Yoongi was in the hospital. He rushed to his room, hiding his face behind his fingers crying. He felt lost and alone, which in fact, He was. He was lost and left alone by everybody so far he loved. He opened his notebook and took a pencil in his hands sitting down cross legged on his bed. But he couldn't draw. The tears fell on his notebook. He took a brush and dipped it in watercolor. He painted the whole paper and then let the tears fall.

A week went by in silence. Jungkook didn't come out of his room and the doctors noticed and started to bring him food but he didn't eat it. He didn't want to eat it. He hated the food. He didn't know why the doctors wanted him to be alive in the first place, why did they care? Not even the person who acted like he cared so much, did care. He wanted to end this.

Yoongi barely registered his body working on autopilot. The days passed by in a blur and he made sure he asked Jimin to visit Jungkook. He only let himself cry once he was alone in the train, the seats around him empty as he took the last train out of Daegu and to Seoul. His body racked with sobs. He had lied to everyone, to Jimin, to Jungkook, to the manager, to himself. He pulled his knees up to his chest, arms wrapped around himself as he let himself cry till he went numb once again. He left his loved ones once again. Except this time, he really regretted having a family. If he didn't have them to take care of, he could wouldn't have to leave Jungkook. He loved someone after a long time and it seemed like the universe was adamant on keeping him away from love completely as he got pulled further and further from Jungkook in Daegu.

Jungkook woke up, he had fallen asleep after 79 hours of being awake. He couldn't sleep like this. He sat on his bed again looking at the white wall. The tears streamed down his face again as he knew that the code wouldn't be typed in today and Yoongi wouldn't walk in again. He was so done with it for today. It had been two months in total and he couldn't do this. He typed in the code of the door and walked to a door that normally was closed, except for Jungkook, he knew the code to the roof. He wandered around the place in Yoongi's hoodie and jeans.

"Patient Jeon?" A guard stood in the door.

"Leave me." Jungkook said through his tears.

"I want you to come with me," The guard said calm as he walked to Jungkook, who walked away to the edge of the roof. He stood on the edge now. "You don't have to do this."

"You don't care," Jungkook mumbled as he looked the guard in his eyes.

"There are people out there who do," The guard said as he walked to Jungkook.

"No they don't." Jungkook turned around and looked to the road. "I loved you Yoongi." Jungkook mumbled as he stepped off the corner of the building. The wind rushed over his body as he closed his eyes, there was a sickening crack before everything ceased to exist.