3. Devil's Approach.

Scarlett only wished for one thing at the moment. She desperately wanted to turn invisible.

"Greetings and salutations, Mr. Aaron Carter. It's good to see you for the first time after all this time, Scarlett," Dylan cheerfully exclaimed, though, not at all attempting to hide the mockery in his tone as he approached them, carrying a satisfied smug expression. He stood there facing Aaron and the evil grin refused to leave his lips as Scarlett tried hard not to show what she experienced at that moment.

Scarlett could never let Dylan know about her disturbed and traumatized state. She was tormented and angry. Overall, she was overwhelmed and letting that man know about her state was the last thing she would wish.

Nevertheless, she successfully maintained a firm look, trying hard to express the fact that his presence was actually affecting her – to the core. However, in reality, her insides were deeply troubled. She felt as if she got herself punched right to her gut and the wind was knocked out of her forcefully.

In addition, the fact that Dylan kept on staring at Scarlett continuously did not seem to help her. Her heartbeat raced – exactly matching his intense gaze and all she could do was to deliberately avoid his continuous stares on her and look everywhere but at that smirking devil.

Scarlett couldn't help but to recollect. Since his exit from her life, everything has been an emotional experience for her. There were times when she'd pathetically longed for him and there were those times as well, where she ended up being angry and depressed for ruining everything; every little thing that felt so perfect at that point of her life.

She was brought back to reality by Aaron's hold as his grip tightened on her hand before he snapped at Dylan, bringing him back to real life as well. "Are you done staring at her?" The latter passed him a half-crooked smirk.

His gaze followed Aaron's arm, which was holding a lost Scarlett and instantaneously, his eyes turned icy, but he was quite quick in changing his apparent emotions. Scarlett could easily recognise. He was incensed.

As a response, Dylan cleared his throat as he folded his arms in arrogance, planting yet another smirk on his face, leaving the new couple agitated.
"How did you manage to..." he cut off before Aaron could complete his queries.

"Creativity has never been a big deal for me, my dear friend," he shrugged, showing a smug face and a tricky smile. He instantly shifted his gaze towards Scarlett and finished with a smirk, "Don't you remember, Angel? Haven't you introduced my ways to him yet?"

"Don't you dare –" Aaron gritted, forwarding his steps and finally letting go of Scarlett's hand.
"Calm down, my dearest friend. It's all right. You'll know it all soon." He stopped him as he placed his hand on his shoulder faking assurances.
"I am not your friend." He responded furiously as he let go of his hand on him, getting away from his hold.

"You look breathtakingly beautiful today," he started randomly, openly ignoring Aaron's wrath. "It felt amazing, seeing you after a long time, Angel," he finished, the knowing smile not leaving his lips.

The moment he'd uttered that, Aaron busted at him in acrimony. "Don't you ever try to trifle with her, she's my fiancée now," he said as his voice turned deadly serious. He stormed in anger.

Scarlett tried to calm him down, and naturally, her hand ended up on his shoulder with an intention to calm his raging temper. She started having a migraine and an aggressive fight between those two ex-friends would be the last thing that Scarlett would want to witness at that time.