24. The Rise Or The Fall?

Flashback:

Dylan was being twitchy as he realized something was vague and distrustful, and is turning out quite difficult for him to have power over. Uncontrollably, the deals kept on slipping out of his hands. He could not catch, no matter how unbreakably he tried to act in accordance with their requests, yet some way or the other, the sponsors, including his firm's members, conflicted with his propositions, resulting in him losing the deals and agreements. He was enormously distressed at that moment.

Involuntarily, his gaze shifted towards his front, making him realize that the TV screen was still on. His mind was occupied with everything else.

Dylan felt he was failing as an executive. He feared to be not able to be the right man for the firm and not to forget, he did not want Arthur to be repentant for his decision of making him the CEO. The current position was not helping him to think optimistically either, and he started to doubt his personal capabilities. If not, the revenue ratios initially suggested the same scenario. Lately, Dylan's employees started to question his aptitude and brilliance.

He certainly did not expect that everything would revolve out this bad. Dylan's gaze willingly traveled beside him, where the love of his life had been sleeping soundly in his arms. For one thing, he was fully relieved. Scarlett was not paying much consideration to the firm lately, following their wedding preparations and she had been incredibly busy with their wedding planner and traveling few places throughout the day, for her outfits. He remembered her whining, as he could not pay much interest to their big day. The memory only brought a smile to his lips as he scooted her closer. She moved, as he immediately rocked her back, whispering in her ear, telling her to go back to sleep.

Although, she had an idea about the disorganized patterns of the things, but it was not that deep. That was a benefit for him. He does not intend to keep her in space. He just wanted her to reside out of all the pressure and uncertainties. He knew the wedding had been important for her and he hated the thought of her being poignant about anything.

All of the mental exhaustion flew out of the window the moment his gaze stopped by at her marvelous face. His mind shifted back to a couple of hours ago, about Scarlett planning to watch a movie, and not to make her apprehensive, he decided to have the same opinion even though he was concerned and sporadic on the inside. He could do anything for her. She was the reason he was smiling.

Switching off the small screen, he gently ran his hand through her hair, brushing away the hair locks, which barred him from looking at her compelling face. She was the epitome of exquisiteness for him. He found himself love-struck.

Smiling reflexively, he scooted her vigilantly in his arms and instinctively, her head nested inside his chest. With Scarlett in his arms, he made his way to their room.

That is what she did to him, she unconsciously made him forget about his troubles, even if it was just for a while.

Dylan placed her gently on their bed and tucked her inside the duvet. He knelt at the edge as he dropped a tender kiss on her lips, cheek and forehead. Finally getting the heart to leave her, he hoisted himself up as he glanced at her sleeping figure one last time and in no instant, quickly strode towards his study again to figure a few things out.

Alternatively, on the other hand, Philip was already into his work, assigned by his employer, Arthur. He started it with Dylan. He profitably and effortlessly managed to track down his phone calls and it showed a clear report. Nevertheless, it did not help. Later that day, he ended up watching both Dylan's and Aaron's actions concurrently and again, found out nothing.

The feeling of utter disappointment coursed within him. Why wouldn't he? He unquestionably thought that he would dig out who the real outsider was in no time, but all he could do was finish up with nothing to report in front of Arthur and found absolutely nothing. However, he found himself reassuring himself, saying he would continue the next day.