29. All Over Again.? Yes!

Scarlett lacked peace for everything that took place, reason being her over all these years. She was sure though; Dylan detected that she regretted everything following her apologies that day. She definitely understood he would undeniably need time to roll this all, and yet he tried to stop her from leaving his apartment but she did not look to make it extra tough further.

Certainly, he'd need some time to feel the changes and the whole thing, yet that does not affect the amounts of hurt and struggle he had been through. Scarlett's apologies and admission of guilt certainly do not overlook the forceful patches he'd gone through. Knowing him, she was sure he would stop her. He has always had a tremendously huge heart and that makes her turn persistent to stick to her conclusion of leaving him alone. In the end, it is still there. Scarlett found it too hard to forget her own inanity and shock.

Finally walking away from him, Scarlett sprinted towards the elevator, trying fraught efforts of calming her nerves down. She cursed inwardly, for not being able to control the tears, which had already made their way out in front of Dylan.

She was frantic and overcast like never before. She wanted to end up in her room as soon as possible, curl on her bed, and cry her heart out. The ache of destroying everything is the nastiest sort of remorse one could ever feel. Scarlett's heart clenched and it felt unaided. In addition, Dylan's void expressions from before does not go away from her mind, making her all the way more rueful.

Stepping inside the elevator, and without more ado, Scarlett pressed the button to reach down. Her gaze landed to her front and a perceived Dylan approached carrying his maximum speed. Scarlett evidently frowned. Before the elevator doors connected together, he was already there, reaching out for her arm and dragged her out of the small area. She was just too in daze to even catch her breath or act in response. She stared at him and was staggered. Before she could query him, Dylan was on his way, dragging her inside his apartment again.

"Dylan," Scarlett called out for him but reflected as if he was not in a mood to stop until he reached his destination. The next moment, she realized him stopping only after getting back to his living room, and at the same spot where she'd expressed her unfathomable regret. However, his hand missed her arm as he backed away, facing his back to her. Scarlett watched him puzzled. His hands held his face as he rubbed it a few times, letting her know about his agitation and hassle.

For the next few good minutes, he did not confirm his emotions. All he did was pace back and forth, not to forget, not glancing Scarlett's way even for a moment. Nevertheless, she waited for a few more moments for him to articulate. She wondered what was happening in his mind. Finally, she decided to split the raucous silence as she cleared her throat. It suddenly went dry. "Dylan, if you want to talk..." Hearing her speak, he turned her way hastily and cut her off, he was quite furious.

"Will you let me have a bit more time to comprehend and believe," he raised his voice for the first time. Scarlett instantly looked down mortified. He further added, "Or you just thought that no matter what, you won't let me have my way here!" He mocked facing her completely, stepping a bit closer. She frowned.

Of course he went mad. Actually, Scarlett was befuddled since he was soundless and unmoved at the time she made an apology. He did not verbalize anything. It definitely took a few minutes for him to record everything in his brain and hence his reaction was quite late. He audibly took a sharp intake as he looked endlessly lost. He had his face palmed again as he looked heavenwards. Scarlett could notice him going astray. His expression completely deciphered his lethargy.

He dispatched, holding her by her arm resolutely, leaving her startled. "You have no idea how I dreamed this to be true," he said in a complaining tone, yet his tone of voice was soft, as he looked once into Scarlett's eyes. She could only stare back and just match his deep eyes.