20. Anger and Betrayal.

Betrayal never comes alone. The pain and sorrow that accompanies the painful crack in trust does not just disperse. That's  what Scarlett experiences at the moment and it's so devastating. All this while, she had been trusting the wrong person. The fact that she'd believed Aaron would never do anything that would break her deeply broke her.

The presentation in front of Scarlett failed to draw her attention as she just stared at it blankly. She had no idea what was going on as her mind was totally running in circles. The reality of Aaron's betrayal had deeply hit her and she had no control over her imagination, which repeatedly thought about him cheating with another woman the other night.

"We will have another meeting about this later. Get back to work." Dismissing the meeting in the middle, Scarlett strode towards her room. Aaron had not shown up yet. He surely has not been able to sleep last night, after all that playing. Instantly, the rage she was trying to avoid started approaching her nerves.

The folders and documents on her table only added to her furiousness. She was not in a position to check the damn papers. Yet, she could not even avoid it. Scarlett thought being engrossed with work would help her and stop her from thinking about the ghastly reality. However, that was only for a moment of time as there was the memorable voice bringing back the bad memories about the night before.

"You're early today?" Aaron's sudden questioning voice came from the door leaving her alarmed. She was outrageous. Her palms balled into tight fists under the table in anger. Before uplifting her head to look at his nauseating face, Scarlett closed her eyes, bringing back the composure and calmness, which seemed like a complicated task to her at that instant. However, she tilted her head up to look at him.

The faithless bastard was looking at her, wearing a casual smile. Now, Scarlett had this one task to do. She was introduced with this difficult task of showing herself remarkably normal. Smiling forcefully, she responded, "Yeah, I couldn't sleep well last night," she said and internally wished to throttle him, "And woke up earlier than usual." She added quietly. Just as she'd said that, he had a frown on his forehead as he instantaneously stepped forward, standing in front of her carrying fake concern in his deceitful eyes.

"What happened?" He asked, taking her hand with him and Scarlett despised the moment more than anything else in the world.

Evidently, now that she was introduced with his pretense, Scarlett could hardly find it genuine. There was this sudden urge inside her heart, to demand the truth behind his false declaration of love for her. She felt this sudden urge to let out everything, demanding him reasons, that why did he ever choose to cheat behind her back.

Nevertheless, Scarlett controlled herself, highlighting the fact that this should be done carefully and not expressively. Although it is unproven yet about his loyalty towards this company, like the way Dylan supposed, the fact that he cheated on her with many women was not inescapable and the thought reflexively made her clench her jaw.

Certainly, Scarlett was nothing but an emotionless fiancée for him but at least, she did not show him that she loved him and he knew that. He knew what he had been asking for. The promise of trying her best was genuine. Whatever she felt could be seen through her eyes and actions. She did not show that she was head over heels for him. In short, Scarlett reflected the same thing she'd felt for him.

Consequently, she did not hide the fact that she didn't develop any feelings towards him. Wherein, all this while, he pretended to be hopelessly in love with her. Aaron had always shown her that he'd immense care for her and her mother. In addition, thinking it all over again only made her discouraged and disappointed.

Aaron waved in front of her eyes, bringing her out of her inner trouble.

"I'm fine." Scarlett stated in a normal tone. Before he could show his disingenuous self, she continued, "I wanted to discuss this with you since yesterday. You weren't answering my calls." She flatly stated, placing the documents in front of him, "You even forgot about the board meeting, I thought you knew how important it was." She remarked, her eyes peering his way.