21. "It Was All My Fault."

Where has he been?" Julia questioned, asking about Aaron as the both mother and daughter duo had their dinner together. She had a frown on her face. The conversation until now was quite bearable until she decided to bring Aaron in. The hidden bitterness Scarlett had for him, instantly overpowered her expressions.

"It's Malaysia this time, he is busy closing business dealings and projects." The derision in her voice was clearly evident. It's been more than a week since Scarlett has been hiding this destructive information inside her. Sometimes, it turns out to be too heavy to deal with the actual truth. Aaron continues doing the same thing. Now that she has known about his indecency, Scarlett just cannot act along all the time, like nothing has ever happened.

"What's with your tone?" The old lady pointed out as she stopped eating, her eyes staring at her daughter in uncertainty, "You sound unusual and cold." She frowned, her attention continuing to be on her completely.

Scarlett glanced at her as she shook her head. She spoke again, "I know something has been bothering you. I've been noticing you now, save your excuse and tell me." She insisted, placing her hand on hers, which was on the dining table.

Scarlett's defenseless sigh was audible enough to tell a mother that something was unavoidably off. Scarlett thought - it would have been really grateful if she had few skills to hide her emotions to herself.

"I'm just unhappy. That's it." Giving up, she still chose to reply shortly.

"Unhappy?" She repeated, her brows making their way together. Julia will not stop, will she? Scarlett should have judged this earlier.

"Aaron didn't inform me before leaving for Malaysia," she expressed her dissatisfaction as she listened to her distressed daughter intently; "He just cares to call me directly from the airport, saying he had to leave. Moreover, he does not discuss much about the things he usually deals with. I doubt if he ever thinks I am capable enough to handle the business along with him or not." Scarlett let out everything that she had been thinking at the moment, not realizing the fact that she would certainly disagree with her. Julia, in fact, is undeniably sympathetic when it comes over Aaron. Even after expressing her displeasure about the way he dealt, he chooses to proceed in the same way. In addition, Scarlett had no knowledge about this said project from Malaysia. However, upon inquiring about it to the Resources Department, they confirmed it and that thing left her really very incensed. Undoubtedly, it turns out, he had been setting it up.

"I have to remind him that it's my firm too." Scarlett muttered underneath her breath but Julia happened to hear it as she frowned, taking away her hand which was still resting on hers.

"What do you mean by that?" She inquired, making her glance up at once. Her brows twisted in annoyance and her expression deciphered exceedingly disturbed.

"I'm not breaking my engagement with him, Mom. I know that's what bothers you the most. I know, it has always been this way with you." She finished in an uninteresting tone making her sigh in relief. Not yet, this time Scarlett only wondered internally.

Satisfaction replaced her frowning face and that made Scarlett only to roll her eyes. Julia smiles cheekily. She had no idea why her mother was so persistent in marrying her with Aaron. At this point, she is still stressed over how to tell her only parent about the cheater.

Of course, Scarlett is not marrying him. She would explain everything to her later, when the time is right and after she gets a few things to make her point clear in front of her. Actually, Scarlett was trying  to think of some way through which she could prove that he is not into her anymore.

Obviously, Julia would be comparatively hurt, as she believed him more. Inwardly, Scarlett does realize the reason behind his courting ways. It's still mind-boggling to comprehend all this.