15. Devil's Victorious Ways!

"That's it!" Dylan's conquering tone of voice mixed with contempt only added fuel to Aaron's already seething rage.

Hearing the host's voice through the large speakers, the color drained from Aaron's face. At first, he looked dour when the victor was finally announced, silent exasperation and dissatisfaction clearly visible from his red face. Then, the next moment, his eyes turned icy.

Finally, he turned, at last, to face a victorious Dylan who stood there carrying a permanent simper on his face. Aaron was already there, his eyes narrowed, rigid, cold and hard, staring at his enemy and competitor, Dylan. Scarlett's fierce stares directed his way either as he smirked all over again. Aaron did not just lose the race, but also the project and that is what makes him livid. Truthfully, her system was not much affected, as she was not into the project as much as Aaron was, yet, she was disenchanted on his behalf. In addition, the fact that the challenger was none other than Dylan makes it quite hard to accept the fact.

Aaron could not stop cursing under his breath. Noticing his rage, Dylan stopped by his side. His eyes twitched and his lips did not beat the enjoyment and pleasure he felt now. Inclining a little more to Aaron's side, he provoked, "Buddy, not every time the luck is in your favor and it's completely okay." he tapped onto his shoulder only to get another brutal glare from him. Faking a short exasperated sigh, he stepped away, the tease his eyes carried was so perceptible to ignore making Aaron glared at him viciously.

Before he could return his fire, Aaron's phone rang incessantly, resulting in him backing away this time. Giving him his last angry stare, he walked away. It was different, witnessing him outraged to this extent. He was reputed to be the most composed and collected person among all the people that they had interactions with. However, it was before Dylan's reappearance. Now, the scene happens to be conflicting. He is often spotted infuriated and he simply gets under the persuasion of his temper when he is around the sardonic devil.

Giving him his last deadly glare, Aaron walked out of their sight. "I can't believe you chose him," Dylan exclaimed as his gaze focused on Scarlett, his eyes showing soft mockery, "I mean look at his actions. If I was him, I wouldn't leave my beautiful, sexy fiancée with her ex-lover," he shrugged as he planted a sly smile on his lips.

"He has total faith in me," Scarlett scoffed at him and her temper returned the moment he passed an amused look her way, "It's something you wouldn't understand, Dylan. It's pure." She added caustically as he stared at her.

"I don't think it's a coincidence. You are surely here to ruin our good time," Scarlett mocked, folding her arms as she stared at him cross-eyed and then added, "As always." Her words only pleased him while his expressions pissed her off.

"Of course," he replied within the next second as he took a step forward, suddenly leaving her alerted, "I'm trying to be there everywhere you are, baby girl," he grinned maliciously as he further continued, "I don't care about that shitty fiancé of yours." He shrugged, maintaining eye contact, the malice smile not leaving his lips anytime.

"Oh come on, Angel, stop looking at me like you're fuming or irate," he added carefree when she unrelentingly glared, "I can't handle those now. It's high time that you finally express those longing stares, like old times." He completed pompously smiling big and wide.

"In your dreams," Scarlett rolled her eyes. Shaking her head, she turned but soon she felt him grabbing her arm hastily, causing her to look at him.

"You have no idea what I dream of, baby." He suddenly went to whisper as he stepped closer than necessary, his eyes intense as his voice sensual, instantly leaving her alarmed.

Pushing him away, Scarlett glared at him only to receive an annoying chuckle from him. Dylan took a step forward as he whispered, only for her to hear, "I'm confident you still remember how I can love you, Angel," his arm slowly curling back as he continued, "Like a real man. You wouldn't want to leave or get away from me then." He ribbed, his eyes showing the desire, the same kind that has started to haunt her existence since last night. What was the exposure, Scarlett could never know anytime?