Chapter 5

Carlos POV

After Mal finds the love potion spell, we went to the kitchen to bake some cookies for them.
Well I will totally not give it to Blaire. I'll just throw the cookies away and lied that I already gave her the cookie.
Guess I'm going to lie everyday now.

"It says here we need a tear of sadness." Mal said, pointing to her spellbook. Jay grabbed an onion from behind him. "Well, let's chop some onions!" He said, but Mal refused. "No! It said we need a pure tear of sadness! This love potion gets the best reviews so we need to follow it exactly." She said, but Jay still insisted.
"They're the same." He said.

"Of course not, sure they both antibodies and enzymes but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie explained.
Wow, she's turning pretty smart these days.
"I knew that." Jay said from Evie's explanation. I rolled my eyes. "No, you didn't." I mock him. Jay's just saying that so he could be considered the greatest, at everything.

Yes, I did!" He insisted. I swear this guy never wants to lose. Oh wait, none of us do.
"You didn't!" I cried. Then he gets ready to knock me out or something, almost, because Blaire and another girl that I think is Lonnie—daughter of Mulan—came into the kitchen. "Hey, guys! Hi, Carlos!" Blaire greeted us.

Blaire's POV

"Hi, Carlos!" I greeted everyone. Lonnie's just beside me. She walked to Mal and Evie and said something about a hair-do.
Yep, Lonnie's hair got styled too. Both Jane and Lonnie said Mal did it.

I walked over to Carlos. "Where's Dude?" I asked. "Oh, just taking a little nap in my room." He answered, and I just smiled to him. "I can guess he's gonna have lots of fun." I stated, turning to Mal and Evie.
"What are you guys making?" Lonnie asked the girls. I looked over to the bowl and see a cookie dough, but missing some chocolate chips. Me and Lonnie dip our fingers to the dough and eat it. "No!" The VKs cried, especially Carlos.

Carlos POV

"No!" We cried at the same time, after Lonnie and Blaire dipped the love potion cookie and eat them.
I was already so scared about what would happen.
I'm totally freaking out inside.

"What?" Lonnie and Blaire said at the same time.
"Guys, we're not gonna do a double dip!" Lonnie pointer out.

Mal gave me a 'this is your chance!' look, and hesitatingly I stand infront of her. "Do you.. feel anything?" I asked and smiled, trying so hard not to fake it. She looks like thinking for a while.
Oh.. I hope it doesn't works!
"You guys, don't you ever know the tradition to put chocolate chips in your cookie dough?" Blaire gestured Lonnie something about the fridge. My friend sighed of relief for Lonnie, and I sighed for both of them, but Mal doesn't look disappointed, maybe by the way Blaire immediately looked really close to me.

Blaire's POV

I gestured Lonnie to grab some chocolate chips in the fridge. She walked over to it and grabbed the chocolate chips (well of course after opening the fridge door). She closed the fridge and sprinkled the chocolate chips all over the cookie dough. "You all have exprienced eating a chocolate chip cookie, right? You're parents made them, fresh-baked with a glass of milk, and caressed our hair with all the love they have.." Lonnie said.

I really love Mom's red velvet white chocolate chip cookie. That's the best cookies I have ever tasted.

All the VKs stared at Lonnie like they're longing that scene to happen.
"Carlos?" I asked him quietly, turning his face. His eyes was all teary. "You haven't..?" I asked. A tear almost escaped his eye.
I hugged him. A tear managed to escape me and Lonnie's eye. Then suddenly Mal wiped away Lonnie's tear and I think she flicked it to the cookie dough.
No, I could be wrong.

Carlos pulled away gently and turned to the cookie dough. "Well, big bummer, yeah, but we need to get these cookies in the oven. And thank you so much for coming over!" Mal pulled me gently from Carlos and to Lonnie.
She then pulled us out of the kitchen. "Evil dreams, guys!" She said. And I managed to say bye to Carlos. What was that all about?

"Thanks for coming with me to Mal. Well, I gotta go to my room. Night, Blaire!" Lonnie said, before walking away to her room. She looked over her shoulder and waved at me. I waved back to her and head to the castle.

When I got into my room, I see Ben lying on his bed with a hand below his head, not sleeping yet.

"Can't sleep?" I asked, closing the door lightly behind me. "I don't really want to." He answered. What is on his mind right now? I've never seen Ben not sleeping at this hour.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, grabbing my pajamas that I left on my bed and entered the bathroom to change my clothes. "Nothing." He answered, raising his voice a bit so I could hear.
Clearly there's something going on in there.
"Is it about Mal?" I asked again, but not in a teasing tone.

I got out from the bathroom and he sighed, and I caught him blushing a bit. "Not just her." He answered, and his blush his gone. Then what else? I walked to his bed and sat there. He sat up too, but his head was hung low.
"Ben?" I looked to him. He stays quiet, but I noticed he was rumpling his blanket.

I lift his head just in time when a tear was at the end of his eye, and I wiped it away. "Ben, what's wromg with you?" I asked, caressing his hair.
This is really the first time in many years he cried again.
He took out something from his pocket. A folded piece of paper. He handed over to me.
I was a bit confused, but eventually I unfold it. It has a writing.

I hate Ben! I hate hate hate hate hate him! He made mom and dad turn their heads from me! He's always the one that's loved! Why is that??!! Ugh..! I can't stand him! I need to talk to him. We're twins, we need to share something to be equal. But why hasn't it, Ben? Why you get most? Just why!? I did everything for you, I've been good to you, And you always made fun of me. What happened to you?:( :( :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Uhhh.. No.. Don't cry, Blaire!

I remembered writing this and thinking how stupid I am to write this kind of thing. I should've throwed it away, I have nothing against him now.
I was probably still immature at that time too.

There were a few tear marks on the bottom. I look up to Ben, tears trickling down his cheeks.
No, no, no. I don't want him to cry.

"Hey, hey..Don't cry. It's just an old note." I threw the paper away. I couldn't believe I wrote this. Sure, he makes me annoyed a lot, but, not so much. Ben started sobbing. I scoot closer and hugged him, stroking his back. I never seen him cryy again..

"Is it true, Blaire?" He asked me, still sobbing. It pierced my heart when he said that. Of course not. It's never true.
"No, no it's not. Believe me. I love you, I'll never hate you. We're twins, that's what twins do." I answered, Ben still haven't pulled away. He rested his head on my shoulder and hugged me tightly. I can feel his guilt just by his action.

I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry if I ever did something horrible to you." He said, his sobs finally gone. I still stroked his back. "Me too. And I forgive you." I said, and smiled. I got a feeling that he smiled too. "Apology accepted too." He said to me.

What a perfect twin bonding night.

He finally let go of me and smiled, clasping my hands. "You're the best twin I could ever ask for." He said, smiling even wider. My heart warmed when he finally smiled again.
I smiled back. "Same goes for you."

—•—

sweet, is it not?
haha. i definitely love the twin bonding. what about you guys? well see you on the next chapter!! i love you guys!! ❤️❤️