One

Shadowbane's P. O. V.

I looked at my dad seeing him getting ready to hunt vampires.

"You gonna come with baby boy?" He asked looking at me as he attached his weapon belt to him.

"Yeah. Just let me get ready." I said.

I go up to my room and open my closet. I move some boxes then press on the secret passageway in the wall. The passage opens and I crawl through. I stand when I'm through and go to where I have my weapons and stuff. I then get ready before going out and closing the passageway. I go downstairs to my dad as I put on my weapon belt. We soon leave and go to where there was rumors of attacks. We soon arrive and when we arrive I notice there had to be at least five vampires maybe more. I look at my dad and he nods. I nod back before we launch ourselves at the vampires.

We fought them for a while, there had been more than five and the little bastards kept coming out of nowhere, and it was going pretty well until I heard a familiar scream. I turn around panicked to see a vampire had it fangs in my dad's neck. I launch myself at the vampire and kill it. I notice that the other vampires had ran, the cowards. I turn back to my dad and whimper when I see him covered in blood. I look at the bite and see that its pouring blood. I fall to my knees beside him and try to stop the bleeding. My dad puts his hand on mine and shakes his head painfully.

"It's no use son. I'm not going to make it."

"Don't say that." I sobbed. "You'll be just fine. You'll see you'll be all better and facing them again."

"I won't son. I lost to much blood." He put his hand to my face and I leaned against it with tears in my eyes. "You've always been a good, brave boy. You'll be a great Hunter. But promise me that if it gets to bad, you will run. Don't let those bastards get you like they got me."

"I p-promise d-dad."

"I love you son. Always remember that. I love you."

I hugged my dad and cried into his neck when I felt him go limp.

"I love you too dad. I love you too."

I look up when I hear footsteps and see some of the other hunters.

"Come on Shadow. Let's bury your pops." Jansen said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I nod and stand before looking at them.

"After we bury him lets go and kill the bastards that killed him."

The men nodded and I stood with my dad in my arms. We went to the cemetery and went to the part for Hunters. I go to the spot beside my brothers grave and laid him on the ground. I grab a shovel and me and Jensen make a hole before laying dad inside it. I then put the dirt over his body. I look up at the sky and see my dad's spirit with mom and Deren, my older brother who was killed by a vampire. He's the reason we started hunting them. I turned to Jensen and he helped me up from when I fell to my knees. I saw the rest of the hunters behind him.

"Shadowbane I know you just lost your father but he was our leader and you were our second in command so with him........ gone you're our new leader."

"M-Me? But I'm only fifteen."

"You may be fifteen but you're our new leader. I know its going to be hard but you can do it."