Chapter 20- I Got U

CHAPTER 20- I Got You

(Jade's P.O.V)

"Jade babe are you ready?" Perrie appeared, wearing a figure-hugging black dress. Her silky blonde hair flowed over her shoulders, and the bright summer light radiated through the window shone upon her, complimenting her English rose skin beautifully, creating a gorgeous contrast between the black and white and making her look like some sort of Greek Goddess.

Then there was me. I looked like I hadn't slept in days. Which was about right. My face looked tired, which it was, black bags clung under my eyes and no matter how hard I tried to fight it my facial expression proclaimed how miserable I was.

We had, for the first time in months, returned to the U.K, and to a hugely interested media, who hounded us about exactly how Sam had died. No official report had been released on his death, but our record label and Sam's family released statements saying that he died as a result of his 'dangerous employment and unrivaled heroics'.

Which was true of course, but they just didn't add in the part that it was majorly our fault. The media knew it had something to do with Little Mix though, and I had a horrible suspicion that they wouldn't stop until they digged up the real story. All our past near-tragedies had been revealed by the media to the world, but thank God this one actual tragedy hadn't. Yet, at least.

"Nearly..." I mumbled, staring blankly in the mirror at my woeful complexion.

Perrie wrapped her arms around my stomach from behind me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Cheer up love, today we should try to celebrate Sam's life rather than condemn his death" she said, before kissing my cheek softly.

I continued to stare in the mirror but now I looked at Perrie, who had her eyes fixed on me through the mirror also. She gave me a hopeful smile and I attempted to reiprocate her actions but all I managed to return her was a weak smile.

She was trying her very best to cheer me up some bit, and I respected that. I couldn't imagine what a horrifying state I would have found myself in if she hadn't been there to support me.

Perrie averted her attention to the piece of paper I had lying on the dresser.

"Is that your song?" she asked, releasing me and walking over to pick it up.

I nodded meekly. As a way to say goodbye to Sam, I thought, as a singer, it would have only been fitting to pen a song of my own in rememberance of him and to sing it at his funeral.

"Is it finished?"

I nodded again but this time I walked over to Perrie and examined her face as she read it. As she did, a huge smile spread onto her lips and a little tear even escaped her eye and dropped onto the page, joining the hundreds of mine that had done so before her.

"Jade..." she looked up from the paper and gazed at me, "I don't know what to say.... it's... beautiful" she smiled.

That made me feel warm inside, for the first time in the four days since Sam had passed away. To know that someone appreciated something I had put so much heart and soul into was a wonderful feeling.

"Thank you Perrie" I sniffled, tears forcing their way out of my eyes once more, before I ran to her and hugged her tight. I nuzzled my head into her neck as she rubbed my back, relaxing me.

"I love you, Jade. You're going to do brilliant today" she whispered into my ear.

"I love you too. I always will" I replied before I pulled out of her neck and kissed her lips softly.