Chapter 1

Dipper P.O.V

Ever since the very first summer, Mabel and I visited Gravity Falls I have been eager to go back. Unfortunately, our parents weren't exactly as eager to let us go. I was forced to wait through my high school years.

Now the time has finally come. After many years of eagerly waiting I am legally old enough to travel back to Gravity Falls myself. I don't have to ask my parents for permission. I can go without worry.

Mabel wasn't exactly as eager to go back to Gravity Falls. The first summer definitely made an impact on both of us that wasn't exactly good. It was rather traumatizing. But rather than hiding from it like Mabel, I am choosing to confront the center of my fears.

Bill Cipher is gone to everyone else's knowledge. I, however, think otherwise. After reading through Grunkle Ford's journals time and time again I believe it is impossible for Bill to be defeated so easily.

'There are infinite dimensions in the universe, surely he could be recovering in one of them. Plus I believe that there are alternate realities with an infinite number of outcomes for every different scenario. If that is true then there must be a dimension where Bill's Weirdmageddon was successful. There would also be a dimension where he is alive if he isn't in this one. But even if he isn't alive here what stops an alternate Bill from traveling here and taking over? Nothing. It is completely possible.'

I put my bags in the trunk of my car and throw it shut. Mabel watches from the porch, worry in her eyes. She has been begging me to stay due to her fear of Bill returning if I start to snoop around.

I've reassured her many times that I would not try to summon him for my own satisfaction. I'm not entirely sure she believes me.

Bill left us both rather fucked up, especially Mabel. I mostly just have nightmares occasionally that I wake up from. Mabel becomes paranoid easily, especially around random triangular objects that look out of place.

I don't blame her for having problems. I have them too, but I distract myself with goals that I give all my attention to. Mabel tends to have issues with keeping her attention on one thing for long amounts of time.

I walk up to the porch and hug Mabel. She hugs me tightly and sniffles. I can see the tears in her eyes.

"Don't do anything stupid, Dipper," she says softly, "I know you want to see if he's still around, but don't go summoning him and cause the end of the world, okay?"

"I won't do that, I promise. I'm just going to look around and maybe get a few more mysteries for the journals. I'm not summoning anything," I reassure her, breaking the hug.

She nods and wipes her eyes. I hate what Bill has done to my precious sister. He's taken someone good and pure and soiled her with darkness. It's cruel and unfair to her. I wish there was something I could do to take Bill out of her memories, but there isn't.

I head back to my car and hop in the driver's seat. Next stop: Gravity Falls.