Chapter 16

Dipper P.O.V

I run down the stairs of the Mystery Shack and run straight out the front door. I run past Stan and Ford, who were finally home after a long day's work.

"Dipper, where are you going?" Ford asks with a concerned tone.

"Yeah, what's the rush?" Stan adds.

"I just need to clear my head," I tell them while glancing over my shoulder.

They give each other worried looks before nodding. I turn back and begin walking to the forest without a second thought.

I didn't bother to put on shoes or a jacket before leaving the house. I just wanted to get away from Mabel. Never before have I been so upset with her. The things she said truly hurt me.

I walk through the trees as the sun sets. The ground is soft and the leaves crunch under my footsteps. The air grows colder as the sun sinks lower into the horizon. The forest is relaxing and helps me regain myself after such a large explosion.

I sigh as I continue to walk, hugging myself to stay warm. Now that I'm out I am wishing that I grabbed my jacket. As cold as I may get, I refuse to go back and face Mabel so soon.

I walk until I find a clearing in the trees before deciding to rest. I sit down and take a deep breath to calm myself. My thoughts are slowly beginning to align and I'm becoming more rational again.

I now realize that telling Mabel might have been the biggest mistake that I have ever made. I made her promise that it would stay between us, but that was before she knew that I was in a relationship with Bill. Now she might run and tell our uncles. If she was planning to then she probably already has.

I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. With that thought in mind, I decide to stay in the forest. I do not want to get in any more fights tonight, especially when it comes to Bill.

I really like having Bill in my life. I was scared at first, but he grew on me. If Mabel only gave him a chance then she might see why I like him so much. I know that Stan and Ford won't be willing, but I really need Mabel on my side for this.

I lay on the grass and stare up at the stars. The night sky is clear and untainted by smoke. I watch them twinkle and shine in all their beauty.

I feel a bit more relaxed as time continues to pass. I don't bother checking how much time has passed. With the way things have been today, I might just end up sleeping out here. It wouldn't be the first time.

I close my eyes and sigh. The forest is practically silent during this time. The only sounds are the chirps of crickets. I hum softly as my mind begins to drift and I fall asleep.