Chapter 14

Mabel P.O.V

I can tell that Dipper is hiding something from me. I'm sure of it. I'm his twin. I've known him longer than anyone and I can tell when he lies.

I can feel paranoia radiate off of him from across the room. He knows that I know he's lying. If only he would tell me the truth of what's going on.

'What could Dipper possibly be hiding? He's supposed to trust me. It hurts that he thinks he can't trust me with one of his secrets. Although it wouldn't be the first time he's had trust issues.'

I sigh and glance at Dipper's side of the room. He has his back turned to me and seems to be asleep. I know that he often can't sleep due to insomnia, but he seems to be sleeping peacefully.

When we're home Dipper tells me that Bill Cipher haunts his dreams. It's rather strange that now that we're in Gravity Falls that he can sleep easier. It makes me wonder if he's found anything about Bill that eases his fear.

"Dipper," I say softly, staring at him from my side of the room.

"What is it?" he asks, turning to face me from his bed.

"Have you found anything about Bill yet?" I ask quietly, hugging my pillow tightly.

I notice Dipper's expression become worried as his eyes dart to the floor. He's obviously concerned.

"No," he says slowly after a few moments, "not yet."

Now I truly know that he's lying. Dipper has never exactly been good at lying. I can normally always tell when he lies. This time it's obvious.

"You're a horrible liar," I say flatly, looking at him for any sort of response.

I see the color drain from his face as he sits up from the bed and sighs. He runs his fingers through his fluffy brown hair and gives me a concerned look.

"Look, it's very complicated," he tells me, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Dipper, I've known you since we've shared a womb for nine months, you can tell me anything, you know that," I remind him, sitting up and crossing my arms.

He nods after a moment and then looks at the door.

"What I'm about to tell you stays in this room, no matter what, promise?" he asks.

"I promise."

Dipper takes a deep breath and sighs before looking up at me. I have no idea what he's about to tell me or what I've promised doesn't leave this room. I'm hoping that it isn't too bad.

'Surely nothing Dipper could tell me would be that bad. He's a good boy who always has a plan no matter what the situation is. He plans for every possible outcome. I doubt it's as bad as he's making it out to be.'

"When I first got here and started exploring I found Bill," he explains softly, "and now we're, um, together."

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could have ever prepared me for this.