Chapter 11

Dipper P.O.V

I've been in Gravity Falls for several days now. Bill has been by my side for a rather good amount of time. He isn't around when I'm with my uncles, but he visits me in the forest or at night. I enjoy having him with me.

Currently, I am sitting up in the attic on my laptop. I've decided to relax for a day instead of going out. Bill has been keeping me up at night, not for any bad reasons, but for very good reasons.

I sigh as I pull up YouTube on my computer and select one of my music playlists. I turn up the volume and get up from the desk. The bed is far more comfortable to me.

The room is quiet except for the music that plays from my laptop. It's rather relaxing and makes me feel tired. I'm practically asleep by the time Bill enters the room.

"Wake up, sleepy head," he says softly, kissing my neck.

"Mm," I hum, "I'm tired."

He pulls me onto his lap and plays with my hair. I can't help but smile as I lay my head against his chest.

"You've kept me up the last few nights," I tell him, closing my eyes once more.

"Sorry, Dipper, but you can't say you didn't have fun~," he purrs.

"I did," I say, "but I need some sleep."

He rolls his eye and kisses my lips gently. I smile and run my fingers through his hair.

"You're really sweet when you try."

"I'm only sweet for you," he says, pulling me closer against him.

"Good~."

I smile and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck. Bill is surprisingly relaxing now.

'Six years ago just his name terrified me. Now I love having him around. He's changed for the better.'

"I really like you," I say softly, a small blush dusting my cheeks.

"I really like you too, Pine Tree."

"I never thought this would happen."

Before Bill can say anything, Ford's voice suddenly comes through the door.

"Dipper? Who are you talking to?" he asks, turning the knob.

Bill disappears from the room, leaving me alone to lie to my uncle. He opens the door and peers in the room.

"I'm not talking to anyone," I lie, sounding a bit too nervous for my own good.

Ford gives me an intimidating look to see if I'm lying. I try to swallow the nervous lump in my throat and pray that he believes me.

"Are you sure? I heard you talking," he says, looking around the empty room.

I get up and head to the desk. I pause my music and glance at him.

"I think you heard my music," I lie, "I'm sorry if it's too loud. I can turn it down."

He rubs the back of his neck and takes another quick glance around the room. Bill is nowhere in sight and I seem to be alone in the room.

"Alright, Dipper, turn it down a bit, okay?"

I nod and turn the volume down. He nods and closes the door. After I hear his footsteps fade out of hearing range, I sigh in relief.

"Nice going, Pine Tree, you're getting better," Bill compliments, appearing from the closet.

"Don't compliment me on lying to my family," I say while sitting on the edge of the bed.

He sits next to me and grabs my hand. I look towards the door and sigh.

"I know you hate lying to them, but you have to," he says softly while kissing my knuckles, "at least until they're gone."

I sigh and nod, leaning my head on his shoulder. He kisses my forehead gently, making me smile.

'Maybe one day I won't need to lie.'