Chapter 12

Dipper P.O.V

Several more days pass and things are still nice between Bill and me. I feel very happy with him around. If I were still twelve I would have never thought he would make me happy.

Today I was sitting around the Mystery Shack with nothing to do. Stan and Ford were out running errands and left me alone to do as I please.

Bill isn't here yet. He normally doesn't come around until later in the night or while I'm in the woods. We're trying to be more careful about not getting caught.

I watch some YouTube videos for a good hour or so before deciding that doing that is boring as well. The room isn't that entertaining either, but I don't feel like going anywhere.

I sit on my bed and take a book out of my bag. I like to read in my spare time and I find it relaxing. I open the book to where I last left off and continue reading.

Eventually, I've been reading for so long that I get lost in the book and have no idea how much time has passed. I don't care how much time has passed either. The story has sucked me in deep.

I'm so involved in the story that I don't hear the knock on the front door. I continue reading until I hear a very familiar voice.

"Dipper!" Mabel yells from downstairs.

I sit up in surprise and toss the book to the side after marking my page. Mabel said that she didn't want to come with me this summer. She was scared of Bill.

'This is going to be very interesting.'

I quickly run down the stairs and see her standing there in one of her famous sweaters, holding a bag over her shoulder with a smile. Her braces have been removed for quite some time and her teeth are perfectly straight. But to my surprise, she's smiling.

"Hey, Dipper," she says with a smile.

I am taken by surprise for a moment. I would have never thought that Mabel would be happy to return to Gravity Falls after that first summer.

"Hey," I say slowly, "what are you doing here?"

She hits my arm playfully and laughs softly.

"I'm here to see you, silly."

"Well, yeah, but I thought that you didn't want to because of," I trail off, "things."

She shrugs and looks around while setting her bag down. The place looks relatively the same as the first summer, but a bit cleaner.

"Well, I hadn't heard from you in a few days so I figured I'd come and check on you," she says while unzipping her bag and pulling out a sweater.

She hands it to me with a smile. I unfold it and see that there's a big dipper design on the dark blue fabric. Even though I hate my birthmark, I can't help but smile.

"Thanks, Mabel," I say while hugging her.

She hugs me back for a few moments and then we break it so it doesn't become awkward.

'Mabel being here with me might be a good thing.'