Chapter 8

I layed on the bed waiting for Peeta to return. With no distraction (Peeta) from what happened to my mother, I started to think about it more. How could this happen to her? She became one of the strongest people I know after Dad's death? She had to deal with her daughter dying and her other daughter being forced to slay children for entertainment. Was a coma seriously going to be the thing to stop her? The more I thought about it, the more angry and upset I got. How dare anyone do this to her? Right when Peeta walked in, I burst into tears. 

Peeta ran to my side comforting me. "I'm sorry," I choked out, "I was using you as a distraction from my mother." Peeta looked at me like he already guessed that and said, "It's okay Katniss we don't have to do this now, I would wait a lifetime for you." The amount of care that Peeta was giving me just made me cry even harder as he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me. 

"What do you want to do about her?" he asked me once my sobs calmed down. I thought hard about it, what should I do? I hadn't seen her since she stayed in District 2 to be a nurse. Could I face her again, and be okay? It didn't matter how I felt, it mattered about her.

"Let's go visit her Peeta."