Chapter 2

I finally fall back asleep after Peeta comforted me and whispered in my ear that everything is okay.

When I woke up the next day, Peeta was sitting at the end of the bed with a childish grin on his face. "Should I be worried?" I ask. Peeta just grinned at me even more then motioned me to follow him. We walk outside to a beautiful day, and he leads me into the woods. We spend a long time walking through it and I keep asking him "where are we going?" but he won't answer me. Finally we come upon a lake and a small cabin, the same lake and cabin that my father used to take me when I was a kid. I remembered that I had never told Peeta about this, this was my father and mine's special place, this was the place I told Gale I wanted to run away with him. Those memories suddenly overwhelm me and I feel tears rush to my eyes as I remember the ones I've lost that used to come here with me.

Peeta notices my tears and gets a extremely worried look on my face as he takes me into his embrace. "Oh no Katniss what did I do wrong I'm so sorry I just found this place and I thought you would like it and I thought we could talk about something," he rambled on like he normally does when he is worried. I feel terrible about reacting like this but I can't help it as tears stream down my face, "Oh Peeta it's not you this is wonderful it's just this cabin brings back memories." "Well I was hoping we could make some memories here too," he says as his childish smile comes back but turns into something...sexy. He takes my hand and leads me into the cabin where there is a picnic of...cheese buns, plum soup, and tea. All my favorites. He makes me sit down and plops right next to me, so close to me he's almost on top of me. He takes his hand off mine and instead scoots it slowly into my top with a devilish grin on his face. His hand comes dangerous close to my dumplings and in a swift motion his hand leaves my top but he rolls on top of me. "Peeta what are you doing?!" I ask. "We need to talk about something," he says as his lips press against mine.